Virgin mojito is a refreshing drink made with easy ingredients available without any alcoholic beverage in it.
I tasted this drink first time at the restaurant in Myraa’s beach club Singapore. I really loved the refreshing taste. From then, I wanted to make this simple drink, but often skip as any one of soda or lime or mint will not be there in stock. Aj also loves this drink and always wanted me to try at home. As summer is fast approaching, this should be the right time to post.🙂
The recipe is pretty easy to prepare at home and straight forward. The ingredients needed are most commonly found in our pantry. Nothing fancy. Having said that the recipe is simple, it is important to add every Ingredient carefully without over powering of any flavor. The key is to find the balance.
The mint leaves plays important role. Find fresh and flavorful variety that you like, for this drink. Such a refreshing drink to relax with a sip of this in a hot summer afternoon.
I have used Simple syrup in this post. It’s because sugar will not get uniformly dissolved in cold drinks. So if you prepare this and keep, it will be handy to prepare such drinks.
To prepare simple syrup to use in various drinks, take equal parts of sugar and water in a sauce pan. Heat it as you stir until the sugar completely dissolves. Cool down and store in bottles to use in drinks.
- 1 Lime
- 10 Fresh mint leaves
- 1 & ½ cup Plain soda
- 2 tbsp Simple syrup
- 1 cup Ice cubes
- In a heavy bottomed glass, muddle mint leaves with a wooden or light weight handle (back).
- Add simple syrup, lemon juice, ice cubes on top of this.
- Top with chilled soda and mix.
- Adding more mint leaves may dominate the drink, so balance it with lime flavour. I have added more, but even 3-4 leaves per drink is also enough.
- Adjust sweetness according to your taste.
- I have used unrefined sugar, so colour might be different.
- You can use natural sweeteners like sugar cane juice or honey too.
- Instead of any sweetener, you can use drinks like sprite.
Virgin mojito step by step pictures
In a heavy bottomed glass, muddle mint leaves with a wooden or light weight handle (back).
Add simple syrup, lemon juice, ice cubes on top of this.
Top with chilled soda and mix.
Should be served as soon as it is prepared. So refreshing!