As clicking the roti when it puffs in direct flame was quite challenging and definitely needs a tripod and all those accessories to click that frame. So I can’t do justice to the picture,but I thought of sharing video,which will be helpful for the beginners. But the video too is took in my mobile so it is bit grainy.But sure decent enough to understand😉
|Pillsbury aata||1 levelled cup|
|Water||1/2 cup ,minus 2-3 tblsp|
- Make dough by mixing water gradually to the flour(with salt),gather it with your fingers and make it a single mass,no need to knead hard.
- Let it rest for 10-15 min(Keep closed) ,then again knead the dough to make it smooth.The dough should be soft and pliable,not hard.And not sticky also,if you do it right,then the dough wont stick to ur hand now.
- Make 8 equal sized balls out of the dough.
- Roll into thin circles,not too thick.The size should be smaller,this makes the roti to fit into the flame,and puff easily.
- Heat the tawa,keep in medium high flame and put the roti.Wait till small bubbles form and turn within few seconds,dont let it brown.
- Let the other side gets cooked and gets golden brown spots,now turn again and using a tong,take the roti and put over the flame directly(High flame).The side which we didn’t browned too much should be under the flame.
- Wait till it puffs and take it out and brush it with ghee/oil,if desired.
And your soft roties are ready,this will stay soft for hours for sure!!
How to make soft ROTI/ phulka
And now Event time!!
Glad to send the following entries for the event
- Baby Corn Korma
- Whole green gram dal
- Brinjal Curry
- Dal Makhani
- Butter paneer masala
- Cauliflower peas korma
- Tomato gravy
And don’t forget to send in your entries too,for my event going on !!