Ilaneer sorbet is a fancy dessert to impress your family or guests. It’s a summer treat as well with a dreamy texture, taste.
Made this ilaneer sorbet for the magazine, one among 30 recipes, but the moment I made and tasted this one, I decided I should blog this. Loved it so so much.
It is one of the best I made it for the magazine, I loved it more than the mango sorbet. It is best for this summer, good for you as well as tastes Out-Of-This-World!!
The tender coconut is perfect to make a dessert. You would have heard about ilaneer payasam (tender coconut payasam) or may be tasted too. But have any one heard about or tasted ilaneer sorbet?
This is very very new and will make who ever tastes it for the first time, first spoon, to WOW. Its so soft, smooth and melts in mouth with amazing unbelievable taste.
Its like eating a tasty, sweet snow. I know I am hyping too much, but sure this is worth a try. I too have never ever tasted this before I did it myself and had.
I got this concept from a TV show which featured an ice cream shop at Chennai which serves unique ice cream and sorbet flavors. So as a foodie and blogger, I am proud to present you this recipe. Simple with no fancy items, sure everyone can make this like a child’s play.
Ilaneer Sorbet | Tender coconut sorbet recipe
- ½ cup Tender coconut
- 1 cup Tender coconut water
- ¼ Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice optional
- First collect the tender coconut water and then cut open the coconut and scoop, collect the tender coconut using a spoon.
- Do not scrap the yellow part, gently scoop the tender coconut alone.
- Then, grind it with coconut water, sugar and lemon juice if desired until smooth.
- After that, transfer to a freezer safe box with lid and freeze for 3 hours.
- Take out every 1 hour after that and grind it smoothly. Repeat this hourly for 3 times minimum for a completely dream soft sorbet.
- Then again freeze overnight and scoop and serve it the next day.
- The more you grind the sorbet, the better smooth texture you will get like ice cream.
- I know its a messy job, but no other way. (think about the best part, licking it each time) I used a fork to dig the sides of the frozen sorbet for breaking it for grinding.
- You can use any hard thing to do the same.
- I made very little so for was enough. This recipe can be halved to make 3 scoops, like what I did.
- I have made this without lemon and tastes great too. Actually I like it without lemon better as we get the full taste of the tender coconut.
- You can make this by churning it in an ice cream maker as per the instructions given along it.
1. First collect the tender coconut water and then cut open the coconut and scoop, collect the tender coconut using a spoon. Do not scrap the yellow part, gently scoop the tender coconut alone.
2. Grind it with coconut water, sugar and lemon juice if desired until smooth. Transfer to a freezer safe box with lid and freeze for 3 hours.
3. Take out every 1 hour after that and grind it smoothly. Repeat this hourly for 5 times minimum for a completely dream soft sorbet.
4. Then again freeze overnight and scoop and serve it the next day.
I freeze the serving bowls too before serving, it keeps the sorbet longer without melting. Helps in keeping it firm until I picture too.