Kadai vegetable preparation in easy method with Punjabi garam masala, other spices making a wonderful accompaniment for Indian flatbread, mild pulaos.
I love kadai paneer very much and wanted to try Kadai vegetables for a long time. I am not sure why I have not tried this earlier as I know Aj loves mixed vegetables very much. When I was thinking what to make the other day for lunch for Aj with Dal, I thought I will try kadai vegetables and make post too if it turns out well. It turned out really good and Aj too loved it. Sure adds to the list of favorite vegetable side dishes I make.
Vegetables can be added according to the availability, especially vegetables like beans, carrot, peas and cauliflower. You can add baby corn like me. Experiment adding sweet corn, broccoli and few paneer cubes too according to your preference. I added Punjabi garam masala here, but you can also add regular garam masala.
Main thing while preparing kadai vegetable is to cook the vegetables just right, retain the crunch of the vegetables. Adding butter for frying adds more taste as well as calories😉😁, it’s up to you.
Step by step pictures of Kadai vegetable preparation:
- Cut vegetables into bite sized pieces, slightly large cubes/ pieces. Slice baby corn alone thinly for easy cooking. Take coriander seeds, coarsely grind or crush coriander seeds.Heat a kadai with butter and oil, Add cumin seeds, coarsely powdered coriander seeds. Give a quick stir. Add ginger julienne, slit green chillies. Add sliced onion.
- Fry for a minute. Add Ginger garlic paste. Fry one more minute.
- Add vegetable except cauliflower and capsicum. Fry for two minutes in medium flame covered.
- Add punjabi garam masala, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric and salt. Fry for a minute.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes, cauliflower and 1/2 cup water. Cook covered for 2 more minutes. Continue cooking opening the lid until the water is absorbed and the tomatoes blend well in the dish.
- Add cubed capsicum lastly and cook 2 more minute. Add extra butter or oil to give a shine if desired.
Garnish with coriander leaves and switch of the flame.