|Maida/All purpose flour||1 cup|
|Wheat flour||1/2 cup|
|Active dry yeast||1 tbsp|
|Olive oil||1/8 cup|
|Chopped garlic||1 tbsp|
|Chopped coriander||1 & 1/2 tbsp|
|Chilli flakes||1 tbsp|
- Sieve the flours together in a large bowl and make a dent in the centre. Heat the milk and water little(luke warm) and add sugar,yeast to it and mix well to dissolve yeast completely.
- Optional step if you are not sure about the yeast quality: Proof the yeast before using in the recipe. Yeast smell dominates because it have not worked properly in the dough. So first mix and dissolve yeast completely in luke warm milk +water + sugar. It should be luke warm, not hot, otherwise you may kill the culture. Once completely dissolved, keep aside for 5 to 10 minutes. It should raise and become frothy. Now, use this to make the dough. If the milk doesn’t raise or froth, it is not active yeast, it will not give good results, so better change your yeast, always use fresh stock.
- Pour this mixture in the dent, add olive oil,salt,chopped garlic,coriander and the chilli flakes and gather to make a pliable and loose dough.
- Apply oil over the dough and cover the mouth of the bowl with a cling wrap with enough room for the dough to rise.Keep in a warm place for an hour.
- After an hour the dough should have raised well(refer picture).
- Punch down the dough and make six equal sized balls and arrange it in a greased baking tray. Pre heat the oven to 190oC . Till then the dough balls we have made will again rise a bit.
- Brush the buns with milk and bake the buns at 190oC for 13-15 minutes or untill the top starts turning golden colour.
- Brush again with butter on top..
and enjoy with butter when its still warm!! Notes: