Simple and easy lemon popsicle with refreshing ginger flavour. Perfect for a hot summer day, with just 3 main ingredients.
I wanted to have something icy cold on a humid day and thought of making this simple popsicle with just lemon and ginger. I love lemon and ginger flavour together and as a popsicle sure I wanted to taste. So nothing fancy, but to satisfy craving for popsicle. It’s easy to make popsicle rather than sorbet, granita or an icecream. No taking out and processing multiple times. Just mix and pour into the moulds and let it set in the freezer. I make popsicles rarely because my freezer is mostly full with the groceries that i get from India to prevent from insects for long time. This time just set two popsicles and made. I knew Aj would not like ginger flavour, so it’s for just me and Vj.
Step by step pictures
- Heat sugar with ¾ cup water, mixing thoroughly to just dissolve the sugar. Switch off the flame.
- Grind ginger with ¼ cup water and collect the juice by straining.
- Once the syrup cools, squeeze in the lemon juice. Add ginger juice, mix well.
- Pour into popsicle moulds and freeze for 8-10 hrs.
- To remove the popsicle from the mould after completely frozen, show all the sides of the mould under tap water for a minute. Pull off gently.