Lemon mint juice is perfect for hot summer days, also it tastes so refreshing, appetizing. With mint and lemon’s goodness, it good for health as well.
I had this drink as soon as we were at our stay at Dubai. This was the welcome drink. I have not tasted anything like this with so much quantity of mint.
It was greenish in color and I was doubtful if it would smell with a raw mint taste, but it was a perfect balance of mint and lemon. Do try this for summer, sure it is a great refreshing drink as well as healthy.
Choosing fresh ingredients is the key for the recipe. Mint should be freshest for best results. I have used meyer lemon, Indian lemon as well as lime. Everything works fine but each has it’s own tanginess level. Some are sweet some are way too tart. So adjust and balance the taste.
Since this is consumed raw, make sure to wash the mint leaves well. First, wash well in running water by holding the stem part in the bunch.
Then keep a large vessel filled with water until half. Hold the stem part and gently immerse the leaves portion, shaking it so that the leaves are washed well.
Finally remove the leaves from stem and you can wash one more time to ensure it is clean. Re-use the water in each stage by watering the plants, do not waste.
As I have said, use lime in place of lemon for a slightly different flavor.
You may also like
Lemon mint juice recipe
- ½ cup Mint leaves fresh
- ¼ cup Lemon juice
- ¼ cup Sugar
- Salt – A generous pinch
- Take fresh, cleaned mint leaves, sugar, lemon juice, salt in a blender. Blend well.
- Pour through a metal strainer without stirring. Add and adjust cold water, enjoy.
- If you reduce lemon juice, the raw smell of mint will be dominating. So it is important to balance everything.
- Use ice cold water for best results.
Step by step pictures:
1. Take fresh, cleaned mint leaves, sugar, lemon juice, salt in a blender. Blend well.
2. Pour through a metal strainer without stirring. Add and adjust cold water, enjoy.
Serve always cold. If you want you can increase or decrease sugar quantity, but be generous, then only the taste will be balanced.