Lemon oats is an instant breakfast or dinner idea under 10 minutes straight. You can add some mixed vegetables and it is perfect meal by itself.
This is perfect for the lazy, lemon lover, me 😐. Could be made in jiffy and enjoy it hot. Perfect for bachelor cooking too!
We all know the benefits of oats, I have been eating oats for quite few years, though not consistent.
But whenever the weight management thought comes in me. Well,that comes every month😆.
I like oats, I can eat everyday for a meal (breakfast/lunch /dinner) for a 4 or 5 days ,but after that I get bored of it.
Then forget for a while, then again… goes on and on …🤐 I can say this is perfect for making in a hurry and taste also suits the Indian taste buds. Tangy, spicy!
I can say even before lemon oats were commercially available, I have this recipe in my blog 😂
- Heat a pan with oil firstly and temper the items as in order. Fry till the mustard splutter in medium flame.
- Secondly, add the water, turmeric powder, salt and squeeze the lemon. Bring to boil.
- If you are worried about the nutrients, you can add at the end too after switching off. But this way it blends well in the dish. If you want, have a lemonade later for nutrients 😉.
2. Add the oats and mix well. Cook covered for 3 minutes in medium low flame.
Serve hot, you can top with sesame oil if you want.
I use sesame oil for vathal kuzhambu, puliyogare, lemon rice and these kind of tangy dishes.
Oats normally have a dry texture, I prefer to eat only in form of porridge or just make it greasy with sesame oil like this.
Sesame oil has so much of health benefits,it has tendency to increase the good cholesterol, which will help to keep the bad cholesterol in control. It is also rich in antioxidants.
So don’t be afraid to use this in cooking. You can use generously as long as it comes under everyday intake limit or burn it wisely.
Check out my other favorite lemon recipes
Lemon oats recipe
- 1 cup Quick cook Oats
- 1 Lemon I used small Indian lemon
- ⅛ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1.25 cups Water
- 1 tablespoon Sesame oil for topping
- 1 tablespoon Sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Urad dal
- 1 teaspoon Chana dal
- 1 tablespoon Peanuts
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- ⅛ teaspoon Asafetida
- 2 Red chilli or green chilli
- You can increase the water amount and make the consistency of your preference. I like mine to be like this, so used less water.
- Also change the water quantity if its not quick cook oats.
- Make it only when you are going to eat, if it gets cooled down, it won't taste that good, you cannot blame me for the taste.