Lemon paneer is a simple paneer dish, can be had as such for a filling evening snack. Very simple and easy recipe with paneer.
I saw lemon paneer in my Instagram feed few months back and from the time I saw the picture, I was so much tempted to try at home. I have no idea what the recipe is or no idea how it would taste, but I got a rough idea how I wanted it to taste, so tried and loved it a lot. I am not sure if this can be had as accompaniment for anything, but it was yumm as such.
I love all lemony things like lemon rice, lemon rasam, lemon idiyappam, lemon aval, lemon oats. I even make lemon quinoa. So obviously I loved this one too. Do try for a change and I am sure you will not be dissapointed.
Step by step pictures:
- Keep paneer immersed in hot water until use. Chop onion, capsicum, coriander leaves, spring onion. Slice green chilli diagonally.
- Make a batter out of maida, 1 tablespoon corn flour (corn starch), salt, ⅛ teaspoon turmeric, cooking soda, lemon zest, with water.
- Dip each cube in the batter and deep fry in hot oil. You can fry few per batch. Drain over paper towel. Repeat to finish.
- In a kadai/ pan heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add garlic, green chillies. Fry till fragrant and add cubed onion, capsicum. Fry till onion turns translucent.
- Add 1 cup water. Bring to boil. Add fried paneer cubes.
- Dissolve 1 tablespoon corn flour in 2 tablespoon water. Stir in the boiling water.
- Once thick, garnish with chopped coriander, spring onion. Switch off the flame, squeeze the lemon juice.