Hope everyone enjoying the long weekend after all the Biryani galore and other sweet treat from your friends who celebrated Ramadan(or themselves). I love their Nonbu Kanji best than any other. Yes, I have tasted once (vegetarian version) when I was a kid, but still remember the flavours! Ok now, today’s menu is with Paruppu urundai Kuzhambu. I wanted to make it yesterday itself and schedule the post today, but it has become a routine for me to do last minute posts. So what? Here you all go hot hot lunch spread 😎 with urundai kuzhambu, rasam, potato curry with ground spices.
This is my favourite kuzhambu recipe and I love to have those urundais (koftas) as such. And this time also I wanted to write how I prepared the meals as it could help the beginners or bachelors to easily plan their cooking.
Urundai kuzhambu south Indian meals
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category:Lunch
Prep Time: 3hrs | Cook time:1 Hr
- Soak the dal 3 hours prior to start preparing lunch, say while you prepare breakfast. You can soak tamarind too in hot water for rasam and kuzhambu.
- So when you enter kitchen to prepare lunch, keep rice in cooker and proceed with the chopping works.
- Potato for the curry, Onion for kuzhambu(grinding,frying), potato curry and tomato for rasam and kuzhambu. Curry leaves, coriander leaves, green chillies as need.
- Once cutting is over, grate coconut for kuzhambu and little for the curry. Extract tamarind juice.
- Now grinding works. First finish grinding for the urundai, then for potato curry and lastly for kuzhambu.
- Now stove work. First keep rasam, then kuzhambu (let boil in another stove) and side by side curry. You can fry appalam lastly for rasam if needed.
So the lunch is ready! Paruppu urundai kuzhambu, potato curry, rasam with rice and appalam. End with mor sadham or thayir sadam
Here are the recipe links :
You can add vegetables like brinjal or drumstick or potato and make this kuzhambu as well.
Have a great weekend with home food😁