This weeks menu, I tried my best to make it as north Indian lunch. And I enjoyed this plate of meal myself.
Don't envy, you can prepare and enjoy too, that's why this lunch idea 🙂 I rarely buy tindora / ivy gourd / kovakkai makes rare appearance in my kitchen.
I am cooking this for only the second time. Though I love this veggie, no body else likes it.
And when ever I take a pack of kovakkai, Vj gives me a weird look, so I keep it back.
But this time, I really wanted to make it for myself so bought a pack. And I loved it with triangle roti paratha.
And the semiya kesari I made especially for this post, I am sure Vj gonna enjoy this when he is back from office.
I got this recipe from my friend and this will be my next post too. So here is how I prepared this meal.
North Indian lunch idea
Recipe Cuisine:Indian | Recipe Category: Lunch
Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook time: 1 H | Serves: 3
- Soak rice for pulao, atleast 30 mins. Mean while chopping works and grinding works. Clean, chop tindora.
- Clean coriander, peal garlic, onion, ginger and gather ingredients to grind for pulao. Grind it and keep aside.
- Cut onions for pulao, curry and raita.
- Stove work : Prepare pulao in a small pressure cooker. Let it get cooked and prepare tindora curry over the other stove.
- When both are done, prepare the semiya kesari. It is a very easy recipe which will be ready in minutes, will share it soon as promised.
- Prepare raita, toast papad and lastly spicy masala chaas (will share the recipe next week as well).
Serve everything in a plate and enjoy yourself along with your family. A filling and satisfying meal!
- Triangle roti paratha recipe
- Tindora curry recipe
- Baby corn pulao recipe
- Semiya kesari recipe
- Masala chaas recipe
- Onion Raita
Browse the other categories