Kulcha lunch menu with cashew pulao, dal makhani and aloo methi.
When ever we go to any North Indian restaurant, Vj orders for butter kulcha always.
I wondered what is the difference between naan and kulcha. I find kulcha on thinner side that’s the only difference I could see visually.
Taste wise also I know its bit different but I could not figure it out what is the difference.
But once when I was discussing about this with Jeyashri, she found out from net that the difference is that naan is prepared with yeast and kulcha without yeast.
I was thinking, I was making naan without yeast all these days and unknowingly I was making kulcha!
But I do keep the dough for longer time. So I wanted to try and see proper kulcha.
I referred Sanjeev kapoor’s and found its very similar to the naan without yeast recipe I have in my archives.
But less curd, less cooking soda and baking soda. Still, came out good.
So this week its plain kulcha, jeera cashewnut pulao, aloo methi, dal makhani, papad, pickle and curd. Check out the recipes below.
- Plain kulcha recipe
- Jeera cashew pulao recipe (check out jeera rice recipe)
- Aloo methi recipe
- Dal makhani recipe
Recipe Cuisine:Indian | Recipe Category: Lunch
Prep Time: 12 Hrs soaking time | Cook time: 1 Hr 30 mins | Serves: 3
- Soak black urad dal and rajma for dal makhani the before night. Soak rice for atleast 30 mins before preparing jeera pulao.
- Cook the dal when you are ready to prepare lunch after your breakfast work. If using big pressure cooker with separate containers, you can cook dal in one container and aloo for aloo methi in another container.
- Mean while, cut onion for pulao, dal makhani and aloo methi. Chop tomatoes and keep all other ingredients like ginger, garlic, coriander leaves, green chilli ready. Keep the masala powders and masalas also ready.
- I used methi leaves that I already cleaned and frozen. So there was no need for me to spend time for that. You too can do this before hand to make it simple.
- First prepare jeera pulao in a small pressure cooker and let it cook in a stove.
- Next prepare for dal makhani and transfer it to the cooked dal and simmer it in another stove.
- Lastly prepare aloo methi.
- When you are ready to serve, prepare kulcha and keep it in a bamboo basket.
- Keep the other things for lunch, like pickle, papad and salad. Serve lunch!
Lunch with Kulcha, jeera cashew pulao, dal makhani, aloo methi, papad, pickle, curd is ready!