I took a pack of palak to make palak poori for Aj’s lunch box, but somehow I could not make it.
So was wondering how to cook it before I leave to Vietnam. I wanted to avoid poori, so made it as roti with the same dough.
I have done this a lot of times before with the left over dough after making palak poori for Aj.
Was thinking of making palak paneer too, but Aj was not in mood of eating palak paneer.
So he asked to make a pulao and paneer butter masala. I had some chana left too, so wanted to finish of it.
Find other suggestions for combos at the bottom of the post.
Recipe Cuisine:Indian | Recipe Category: Lunch
Prep Time: 30 mins + Overnight soaking | Cook time: 45 mins | Serves: 3
- Soak channa overnight. Soak rice for pulao 30 mins prior cooking in warm water. Boil water and keep paneer immersed until you use for PBM.
- Clean and chop palak. Slice onion for pulao, PBM, a tomato and keep other ingredients ready.
- First prepare Channa pulao, while it is being cooked, first sautee palak and let it cool, then onion for PBM.
- Grind for paneer PBM, heat kadai and prepare PBM. While its getting sauteed, grind palak and prepare dough for palak roti. Keep aside.
- By now both pulao and the PBM will be ready. Soak boondi in salted warm water. Mix in curd once its doubled in size.
- Lastly prepare roti, papad and serve your family.
Check out the recipes:
- Palak paratha recipe
- Palak poori recipe
- Channa pulao recipe
- Boondi raita recipe
- How to roll a papad video
Happy Weekend! 🙂