I took a pack of palak to make palak poori for Aj’s lunch box, but somehow I could not make it,So was wondering how to cook it before I leave to Vietnam. I wanted to avoid poori, so made it as roti with the same dough, I have done this a lot of times before with the left over dough after making palak poori for Aj. I was thinking of making palak paneer too, but Aj was not in mood of eating palak paneer, so he asked to make a pulao and paneer butter masala. I had some channa left too, so wanted to finish of it. Find other suggestions for combos at the bottom of the post.
Lunch menu idea 47
Recipe Cuisine:Indian | Recipe Category: Lunch
Prep Time: 30 mins + Overnight soaking | Cook time: 45 mins | Serves: 3
- Soak channa overnight. Soak rice for pulao 30 mins prior cooking in warm water. Boil water and keep paneer immersed until you use for PBM.
- Clean and chop palak. Slice onion for pulao, PBM, a tomato and keep other ingredients ready.
- First prepare Channa pulao, while it is being cooked, first sautee palak and let it cool, then onion for PBM.
- Grind for paneer PBM, heat kadai and prepare PBM. While its getting sauteed, grind palak and prepare dough for palak roti. Keep aside.
- By now both pulao and the PBM will be ready. Soak boondi in salted warm water. Mix in curd once its doubled in size.
- Lastly prepare roti, papad and serve your family.
Check out the recipes:
- Palak paratha recipe
- Palak poori recipe
- Channa pulao recipe
- Boondi raita recipe
- How to roll a papad video
Happy Weekend! 🙂