Indian lunch menu idea with north Indian dishes. This is just an idea as part of my lunch menu series. Check individual links for respective recipes.
In this blog post, I share a menu combination with steps to explain how to plan and prepare the menu roughly.
All the recipes are given separately in which I have written the recipe detailed. Check out the links provided for respective recipes.
I always wanted to make paneer tikka in a lunch menu.
I saw a lunch combo when I was browsing Instagram in which Rice, paratha, raita, paneer tikka, dal and soya masala gravy was there.
Added jamun which I made with MTR jamun mix (I shared in my Instagram profile) to the menu for dessert part.
When I made jamun, I thought I should make a north Indian lunch menu.
So made this before the Jamun gets over. Wanted to post last weekend itself but I didn’t edit pictures or wrote post.
Indian thali preparation
- Soak rajma, urad dal for dal makhani overnight. (Jamun was also prepared prior)
- While preparing breakfast, side by side pressure cook for dal makhani.
- After breakfast, when you start your lunch work, first marinate for paneer tikka.
- Cut vegetables for veg palak gravy, including preparing palak.(can be done before night too)
- Cube onion for paneer tikka, veg palak gravy. Finely chop one for Dal makhani, koki
- Tomato for paneer tikka, dal makhani
- Cube capsicum for paneer tikka.
- If you don’t have ginger garlic paste, peel ginger and garlic for making fresh paste for using in dal makhani, veg palak gravy.
- Green chilli for dal makhani, Koki, palak gravy.
- Coriander leaves for palak gravy, koki and garnish.
Keep all the masala powders ready.
- Now on to the stove work. Pressure cook rice in one stove.
- Temper for dal makhani and simmer it in another stove.
- Sautee for palak gravy, set aside for cooling down.
- Temper for veg palak gravy and cook vegetables, in between which you can grind the palak for gravy. Finish veg palak gravy.
- Mix raita.
- Lastly prepare dough for koki. Make hot parathas.
- I made very little paneer tikka so made cocktail paneer tikkas in tawa itself. In the same hot tawa after finishing parathas, can finish making paneer tikka in one go.
- If you want you can add papad to the menu.
- Paneer tikka recipe
- Paratha recipes (Koki – Recipe coming soon)
- Dal makhani recipe
- Vegetable palak gravy Recipe
- Gulab jamun recipe
Check out some drink recipes