Makhane kheer, phool makhana ka kheer is an easy kheer made with simple ingredients. Full video and step by step pictures recipe.
I got phool makhana this year and have made spicy phool makhana snack few times. I wanted to try other recipes with it like gravy and kheer with it. Since Navratri starts from today, thought of making and posting this kheer today. I loved kheer than the snack I made earlier. It is very nice to make kheer with.
I have made this kheer by boiling and reducing the milk cooking along the makhane, adding little evaporated milk for richness. You can use condensed milk in place of evaporated milk and adjust sugar accordingly. Saffron and cardamom adds flavour to the kheer. Best both when had warm or chilled.
Makhane kheer preparation video:
How to prepare makhane kheer step by step pictures :
- First heat a pan, roast makhane in ghee for 2 minutes.
- Crush them roughly with hands. It will be crisp, so easy to crush.
- Boil milk and add makhane.
- Add saffron soaked in warm milk and sugar.
- Boil for 5 minutes until the milk reduces.
- Add evaporated milk, powdered cardamom. Bring to boil and switch off the flame.
Enjoy warm or chilled. Either way, tastes great and rich.