Mango and coconut cream or coconut milk together tastes great, just like the Pina colada. The tropical fruit drink perfect to try for the mango season.
I had this combo of mango and coconut milk drink in mind for quite sometime now. This year, I have to yet taste sweet mango, as my frequency to Mustafa visit has reduced.
I got few Banganapallis as usual last time in an Indian grocery. But not sweet at all. Vj usually have it as side dish for rice. So it was not an issue. I like to have as such, but because of my sweet tooth I like only if it is sweet.
So used one of the mango to make drinks to use it. I had some leftover coconut cream from a recent shoot. Though I avoid buying ready made coconut cream, since I wanted for a recipe, bought.
There was a little leftover, so did not want to waste it. I suggest to use fresh coconut milk or if store bought, watch out for the additives and preservatives before buying.
You can use any mango that you want to use it up if it is not sweet. I suggest using juicy varieties that are vibrant in color.
Make sure to consume cold as well as immediately for best results. So make sure to use cold ingredients.
Without lemon juice I felt the recipe missed some punch and balance, so go ahead and add.
You can adjust sweetness according to your preference as well as the mango's quality.
Mango coconut milk shake
- 1 Mango chilled
- ½ cup Coconut milk chilled
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon Sugar or adjust as per your requirement
- Slice the mango along the seeds, scoop out the pulp. Chop roughly.
- Place mango, coconut milk, sugar, lemon juice in a blender.
- Blend well until smooth and serve immediately topped with few fresh chopped mango pieces.
- I used coconut cream, so diluted ¼ cup cream with ¼ cup water.
- You can adjust coconut milk quantity according to the consistency you like.
- Roughly, the chopped mangoes were 1 cup.
1. Slice the mango along the seeds, scoop out the pulp. Chop roughly. Place mango, coconut milk, sugar, lemon juice in a blender.
2. Blend well until smooth and serve immediately topped with few fresh chopped mango pieces.