Mango frozen yogurt recipe without ice cream maker. Simple ingredients and a rich dessert with mango and greek yogurt. I have used greek style yogurt, but you can use homemade curd too.
When I got this Greek style yogurt for my yogurt popsicle, I totally fell in love with it. It is so creamy and delicious with few drops of vanilla and fresh fruits. I love it even with my not so favorite fruits. This is the second tub I am buying, this time, to try this mango frozen yogurt.
In Singapore, frozen yogurt or froyo is really popular. Especially few froyo shops are really good they provide a wide range of flavours and toppings. I have never tried any froyo here, some how never knew what to order. I just keep staring from outside and pass by. Should sure try soon at Ilao Ilao.
Meanwhile I thought should try something with the mangoes I got as a carton. And I hope most of us love mango lassi, so this is like a frozen mango lassi or mango shrikhand, but without any added flavours. Just the mangoes and yogurt.
Step by step pictures
- Slice the sides the mangoes along its seed. Scoop the pulp from the mangoes using a spoon.
- Place it in a blender/ mixer along with sugar. Blend until sugar dissolves and becomes smooth.
- Add yogurt and blend again so that both mixes well.
- Pour into a box and cling wrap it. Freeze for an hour.
- After an hour, take it out, scoop again into the mixer and grind.
- This step is to make it smooth and creamy and not too much hard icy.
- Again pour to the box, cover with cling wrap or lid and freeze for minimum 6 hours before serving.
Scoop and enjoy, just like icecream but more healthier when compared.