Mango katli can be made as a sweet treat for you and your family when mangoes are in season. Learn how to prepare this sweet with full video and step by step pictures.
I prepared and sent this to Vikatan exclusively for their Aval kitchen magazine last mango season. Wanted to share this here with all my reader friends. If you have tried my kaju katli, you can go ahead and try this mango version too. Do check out my Kaju strawberry too.
Step by step pictures
- Grind cashew nuts in a dry mixer to make it as a powder. Cashew nuts should be at room temperature. Make sure to powder the cashews well to a fine powder.
- Scoop out the pulp from mango and grind it smoothly. Take 1/4 cup from it.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, start heating water and sugar and boil until one string consistency. If you check a drop of the syrup between your fingers, it should form a string without breaking in halfway.
- Add the mango pulp to the syrup.
- Stir in powdered cashew and mix well. Continue heating until the mixture turns as a single thick mass. Switch off the stove and transfer to a clean counter top.
- When the mixture is warm enough to handle, knead the dough until smooth.
- Spread it out using rolling pin, placing the mixture in between butter paper. Roll out thickly and cut into diamonds.
Enjoy the mango flavoured katli!