Mango mastani is a delicious mango drink, topped with ice cream and chopped nuts, dry fruits. I have used a scoop of vanilla ice cream, tutti frutti and some chopped nuts.
Mango mastani is basically mango milkshake. Also, top it with ice cream, dry fruit and nuts. It is ready to serve. Mast means awesome, since the drink tastes awesome, the name comes after it.(Source)
Available in a wide range of flavors, almost around 20 in Pune, but mango mastani is the most famous and super hit drink.
I never knew it is a Pune delicacy, otherwise I would have tasted it when I was there last year. Next time, if at all I am going Pune, I should try this out for sure. Check out my other mango recipes.
Though I have made with vanilla ice cream, mango ice cream can also be topped. Chopped mangoes, or other fruits like apple, grapes thinly sliced are also topped. I kept it simple as this is the first time I am trying this at home. It was really tasting super good, of course with mango, ice cream and nuts in it!
Use alphonso mango for good color. I suggest to prepare freshly and serve immediately.
My milk is pasteurized homogenous milk, so added as such. But if fresh, boil, cool and use in the recipe.
Tinned mango pulp have more acidity in it. You can taste as you whip and adjust sugar accordingly.
Mango Mastani recipe
- 1 Mango alphonso
- 1 cup Milk
- ½ tablespoon Sugar
- 1 scoop Ice cream vanilla / mango
- 1 tablespoon Chopped nuts
- 1 tablespoon Tutti frutti
- Few raisins
- Slice the sides of the mangoes, scoop the pulp using a spoon to a mixer. Add sugar to it.
- Add milk and blend smoothly. Pour into serving glass.
- To serve, top with a scoop of ice cream and garnish generously with nuts.
- You can first blend mango and sugar until smooth and later use milk.
- I added milk as such, but you can also use boiled, cooled milk.
- You can use mango ice cream instead of vanilla.
- Colour of the mastani depends on the variety of mango.
- You can also use mango pulp available in tins.
1. First, slice the sides of the mangoes, scoop the pulp using a spoon to a mixer. Then add sugar to it.
2. After that, add milk and blend smoothly. Then pour into serving glass.
3. To serve, top with a scoop of ice cream and garnish generously with nuts.
Forget the calories and Enjoy the awesomeness!