Mango passion fruit juice is a simple drink made with tropical fruits. Both flavors blend well together and makes an excellent drink.
Both mango and passion fruit are in season now and I made this yesterday. I had a long time wish to try passion fruit, but scared as usual to try something new.
Also the seeds in it made me think it would not be edible. But the seeds are edible too.
Additionally, it tastes and smells really good. I am going to buy passion fruit often hereafter and make juice.
Passion fruit smells really sweet and tastes similar to mango, so it goes well with it. May be it’s my interpretation, but it is something like panam pazham’s smell (Palm fruit).
It has seeds like how we have in pomegranate. While juicing, you have to make sure it’s not crushed along.
🥣 How to eat it
Passion fruit can be used in preparing drinks like this or added to cocktails, excellent toppings for desserts, cakes and also goes well when mixed with yogurt.
In Singapore, passion fruit is available easily and in good quality too. So I can pick it up anytime easily. Just cut open, scoop and enjoy!
📖 You may also like
Mango passion fruit juice
- ½ cup Mango pulp
- 4 Passion fruit
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- Water – As needed
- Cut passion fruit into two. Scoop the pulp in the middle gently with a spoon.
- Slice mangoes and scoop its pulp too and add to a blender.
- Add sugar and blend well with water.
- Filter through a big metal strainer to eliminate the seeds of passion fruit.
- Use chilled water while filtering to get all the pulp while straining.
- Take care not to crush the seeds too much.
- Use pulse option and do it in small blasts.
📸 Stepwise photos
1. Cut passion fruit into two. Scoop the pulp in the middle gently with a spoon.
2. Slice mangoes and scoop its pulp too and add to a blender. Add sugar.
3. Blend well with water. Filter through a big metal strainer to eliminate the seeds of passion fruit. Use chilled water while filtering to get all the pulp while straining.
Keep refrigerated for a while before serving. If cold enough to serve, can enjoy as such!