Mango strawberry popsicles is are best homemade treats this summer for your family. Perfect to make use of the ripening mangoes and strawberries.
I love mango strawberry combination a lot. Have made smoothies with the combination, but wanted to try popsicles with this flavor and color combination.
Recently had some strawberries in the fridge and wanted to make use of it. I don't like to have strawberries as such, so made these popsicles finally.
Very simple, no fancy ingredient or process. I have used white sugar, but you can use your choice of sweetener, according to your preference.
I have not used water in this. So the layers are defined. I wanted marble effect though and gave a stir, still it was not mixed as I didn't do it properly. So it is up to you to have which look you want. Since the purees are thick it will maintain the layers.
If you are a mango lover, this is a must try popsicle for the summer or kids back from school snack too. With strawberries in it, sure this will be their favorite.
At least we know these has the goodness of fruits and if you use natural sweeteners, it becomes healthier too comparatively. No corn syrup, artificial flavors or colors, all natural homemade pospsicles!
Mango strawberry popsicles
- 1 cup Mango sliced
- 12 strawberries
- 4 tablespoon Sugar
- Place fresh mango pulp and 2 tablespoon sugar in a blender. Grind smoothly.
- Grind strawberries and remaining sugar well.
- Take popsicle mould and fill it with the ground puree as layers.Insert the popsicle sticks/ handles and freeze for minium 12 hrs.
- To demould the popsicles, show under running water or dip in warm water for 30 seconds and pull the handle gently.
- Since we don't add water, the texture of the popsicle will be not hard.
- I used small popsicle moulds from IKEA, so the fruit purees did not mix that much.
- Depending on the popsicle moulds capacity, the count will change.
1. Place fresh mango pulp and 2 tablespoon sugar in a blender. Grind smoothly.
2. Grind strawberries and remaining sugar well.
3. Take popsicle mold and fill it with the ground puree as layers. Insert the popsicle sticks/ handles and freeze for minimum 12 hours.
4. To demold the popsicles, show under running water or dip in warm water for 30 seconds and pull the handle gently.
Enjoy the mango strawberry popsicles as mid day summer treat or after meals.