Masala pav is a quick snack made with pav, Mumbai street food made in a jiffy over tawa itself. Learn how to make masala pav easily at home with full video, step by step pictures.
Masala pav is one thing I drool when I am browsing instagram. I had no idea trying at home, but this week when I got pav buns, I thought I should give this easy masala pav a shot, since it is very simple to prepare and worth giving a try. I was really blown away how tasty it turned out to be. I am so glad that I have a recipe now to quickly enjoy something very similar to pav bhaji.
I love all street foods like these and always wish to visit places like Mumbai, Bangalore or even in Chennai where such street foods are available in plenty. I have no idea why my India trips are so hectic and complicated, that I feel like I don’t have time for anything. I even visit my parents for a day or two🤨. I think I should plan my trip better and give priorities in everything. Not sure if my wish would come true, let me keep dreaming so that one day my dream comes true😄
Step by step masala pav pictures
- Heat ½ tablespoon of butter over tawa, splutter cumin seeds. Add onion, fry for a minute.
- Add ginger garlic paste and stir fry for 30 secs. Add finely chopped capsicum and fry for 30 secs.
- In goes finely chopped tomatoes. Give it a fry and add ½ teaspoon red chilli powder, 1 teaspoon pav bhaji masala, turmeric and salt. Mix and mash as you cook for a minute.
- Add ½ tablespoon more butter and cook so that it turns to a semi gravy. Sprinkle water if it turns dry. (I didn’t add)
- After cooking for a minute or two in medium flame, push the masala aside in pan. Add required butter, slit pav buns and rub the butter everywhere over the pav.
- Stuff half the masalas inside and remaining over the buns. Garnish with coriander leaves.