When I decided to host the event for Srivalli’s Microwave Easy Cooking, I could not find a theme for the month. Then Srivalli, herself suggested me the theme and I was thinking, paneer is a bit tough choice, still no other go. Any ways, its great that, many of you have thought so hard and put your efforts, to try/cook in microwave.
I first saw microwave oven only after my marriage, at my MIL’s place…In-fact she is the inspiration for me, she tries many dishes, that they show in cookery shows, being a south Indian, basically our style of cooking…And also, who ever – relatives, friends come, they will be surprised that my MIL uses microwave oven…
As she has so many cool gadgets, her microwave cooking starts from Corn flour halwa-which is the most famous amongst the visitors….,then rice varieties, fry papad, cook potatoes, make breakfast like steaming idlies, stuffed idiyappam(Another hit among us)-she has an idly steamer specific for this….,upma, sakkaraipongal, payasam…not to mention her cooking of Corn in it.
But inspite all these,my FIL says, she put sambraani for oven – means she doesnt uses efficiently! I will be thinking in my mind, aaha…then what about me…:)
But there are some thing I learnt, that one should not be afraid to use microwave oven…there are so many cookbooks available, so easily you can follow the instructions and learn how to make different dishes in it..
Now coming to the round up,I specially appreciate and thank the friends,who spent there time to try a dish in microwave oven,using paneer and sending over here:)
1. Arundhuthi of Gourmet affair, was the one to first send me the entry, she sent a starter, Paneer Tikka with a gorgeous picture!
2.Next was from Divya Kudua,of Easy cooking blog,sent a starter too,her version of Paneer tikka!
3. Then EC sent me two side dishes, delicious looking Kadai paneer and Malai kofta from her blog 100% Microwave cooking…!
4. Sumathi from Chutney’s sent me a Main dish, Stuffed okra/ladis finger with paneer….
6. Then came Paneer Chole Makhani ,a side dish from our Asha of Aroma…
7. Cham from Spice club,sent me Microwave Palak paneer -a side dish..
8. Vidhas of Appetizing recipes sent her Appetizing Paneer Bhurji on Toast…
9. Vijaya of Daily meals was next to send in the entry with her Microwave oven made paneer halwa!
10. Simran from the blog Bombay Foodie sent an appetizer, Paneer n Peas Tango!
11. Aquadaze of Served with Love sent me Paneer Jalfrezi……!
12. Chilli Paneer Wrap came from Poonam of Poonam’s Kitchen!
14. Lastly,the Event starter Srivalli took my words and sent me her entry-Paneer Cheese Rolls from her blog Spice your life!
15. And Adding up my entry for the event,Microwave Butter paneer Masala!
Hope who ever participated in the event had fun and have fun in roundup too!
If anything to edit in link, missed something,any clarifications please send in me a mail!