Mini idli tadka is one easy snack for kids who come back from school hungry. Tossed with southern spices and small onions, it is a total burst of flavors.
You can make it with less effort, still kids will love to have it. It had minimum simple ingredients.
When we were coming back from B’lore to Chennai, we stopped at a restaurant and my Co-sis had this after ordering from their menu. I tasted it and it was too simple and delicious.
One could easily figure out the ingredients in it and thought I should try this, as I am a big fan of idli upma.
Some kids won’t like idli upma, so you can try this way for them. The only main thing to be followed in making this idli tadka is to make sure the idli is softest and you use small onions for best flavour.
Instructions for mini idli tadka
- In a pan, heat oil, temper with the items given under ‘To temper’ table. Followed by finely chopped onion. Fry until transparent in medium flame.
- Add a pinch of salt and cooked mini idlies and toss well.
Mini idli tadka recipe
- 18 Mini idli
- 12 Small onion
- Salt a pinch
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- ½ teaspoon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Urad dal
- 2 Red chilli
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- In a pan, heat oil, temper with the items given under ‘To temper’ table. Followed by finely chopped onion. Fry until transparent in medium flame. Add a pinch of salt and cooked mini idlies and toss well.
- You can add a pinch of asafoetida while tempering.
- You can use coconut oil for tempering.
- Make sure to use fresh idli dosa batter. Idli should be soft and moist, then only this dish will be nice.