Mint chutney,well,I am not a big fan of,but for a change, I would like to make and enjoy with soft idlies and dosas. Sometimes our taste changes with time…Likewise whatever I used to hate before, am liking now a days and I am wanting change in my regular menu…
|Mint leaves||1/2 cup|
|Coconut,grated||1 &1/2 tbsp|
|Channa dal/ kadalai paruppu||1 & 1/2 tbsp|
|Red chili,long variety||6|
|Urad dal/Ulutham paruppu||1 tsp|
|curry leaves||1 sprig|
|Asafetida powder||A pinch|
- Heat a kadai with oil and temper with the tempering items given and transfer to the serving bowl.
- Add channa dal and red chili and roast till dal turns golden brown.
- Add Mint leaves to it and sauté till the mint leaves just reduce in its volume.
- Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the onion and tomato (add oil little too) and fry till onion turns transparent and tomatoes turn soft.
- Cool down and grind the roasted items with this onion,tomato and add turmeric,coconut and salt while grinding.
- Grind to a smooth paste with water according to your desired consistency and serve mixed with the tempered items.Enjoy with idly or dosa!
Variation : You can also add a little coriander leaves along with mint leaves 😉