Mochai sundal recipe with coriander and lemon added for extra zing. Mochai is by itself very flavourful, with coriander added to it, it turns out really delicious and flavourful.
I make kuzhambu with mochai mostly and love it totally. I love fresh mochai too in the mixed vegetable kootu and in brinjal curry. This is the first time I am making sundal with dried mochai and loved it. Vj too loved it a lot, so I was really happy with the outcome. I wanted to make something different from the usual, so added coriander leaves ground along with coconut and gave finishing touch with a squirt of lemon. It was quite refreshing for a change from the regular sundals.
How to prepare mochai sundal:
- Soak mochai 10 hours. Drain water, add water just to immerse it and add required salt. Pressure cook for 4 whistles in medium flame.
- Grind coconut, coriander leaves and green chilli without water coarsely.
- In a pan, add oil and temper with mustard, urad dal, asafoetida, curry leaves. Add cooked mochai (1 or 2 tbsp can water can be added).
- Add ground paste and mix well.
- Cook for 4 minutes in medium flame stirring occasionally to avoid sticking to the bottom. Squeeze lemon and switch off the flame. Mix well.
Enjoy the flavourful mochai malli sundal.