Mooli paratha recipe is my best favorite way to include radish in diet. Learn how to make delicious mooli paratha, radish paratha with stepwise pictures.
My friend Sangeeta,have told me to try mooli paratha so many times,but I was so scared how it would smell and kept on postponing, now, after an year almost, today I dared to try this paratha and after I tasted, I didn’t find any smell of radish that much I was afraid of.. Thanks to Chitra for suggesting sautéing the radish. I simply love this one and since I wanted to blog this too!
|Radish,grated||1 cup tightly packed|
|Red chilli powder||3/4 tsp|
|Garam masala powder||1/4 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/8 tsp|
|Green chilli||1 no.,Chopped|
|Coriander leaves,chopped||3 tbsp|
|Cumin seeds/Jeera||1 tsp|
|Atta/wheat flour||1 cup|
|Salt and water||as needed|
How to make mooli paratha steps:
- Peel the skin off from radish and grate it.Mix with salt and turmeric in a plate and keep in a slanting way.
- The water can drain and get collected separately.
- Make dough as we prepare for roti- the dough should not be too stiff,also not stick,just right-soft and pliable.Set aside covered.
- Now squeeze the excess water from the radish mixture thoroughly.
- Heat a pan with oil and splutter jeera,add green chilli,ginger and fry well.
- Add the squeezed radish in a sprinkled way and add the coriander leaves,garam masala and red chilli powder.
- Mix,fry well till all the moisture evaporates and the stuff becomes dry.(In medium flame for about 5-6 minutes approximately)
- Now Stuffing is ready. Cool down completely.
- Make equal sized big lemon sized balls out of the dough and the stuffing.
- Dust the dough balls liberally and roll out half way and keep the stuffing ball inside.
- Seal the ends towards centre as shown in the picture.
- Again dust this in the flour(I use maida for dusting) and roll out immediately.
- I prefer my paratha in thinner side. Heat the tawa and cook till small bubbles starts appearing.
- On both sides with drizzle of oil till golden brown spots appear.