Stuffed radish paratha, mooli paratha stuffed version is my best favorite way to include radish in diet. Learn how to make delicious radish paratha with stepwise pictures.
My friend Sangeeta, have told me to try radish i paratha so many times. But I was so scared how it would smell and kept on postponing.
Now, after an year almost, today I dared to try this paratha and after I tasted, I didn't find any smell of radish that much I was afraid of..
Thanks to Chitra for suggesting sautéing the radish. I simply love this one and since I wanted to blog this too!
Stuffed radish paratha
- 1 cup Radish grated, tightly packed
- ¾ teaspoon Red chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon Garam masala powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 Green chilli Chopped
- 3 tablespoon Coriander leaves chopped
- ½ teaspoon Ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Oil/ghee
- 1 cup Atta/wheat flour
- Salt and water as needed
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- Peel the skin off from radish and grate it.
- Mix with salt and turmeric in a plate and keep in a slanting way.
- The water can drain and get collected separately.
- Make dough as we prepare for roti- the dough should not be too stiff, also not stick, just right-soft and pliable.
- Set aside covered.
- Now squeeze the excess water from the radish mixture thoroughly.
- Heat a pan with oil and splutter cumin seeds, add green chilli, ginger and fry well.
- Add the squeezed radish in a sprinkled way and add the coriander leaves, garam masala and red chilli powder.
- Mix, fry well till all the moisture evaporates and the stuff becomes dry. (In medium flame for about 5-6 minutes approximately)
- Now Stuffing is ready. Cool down completely.
- Make equal sized big lemon sized balls out of the dough and the stuffing.
- Dust the dough balls liberally and roll out half way and keep the stuffing ball inside.
- Seal the ends towards center as shown in the picture.
- Again dust this in the flour (I use maida for dusting) and roll out immediately.
- I prefer my paratha in thinner side. Heat the tawa and cook till small bubbles starts appearing.
- On both sides with drizzle of oil till golden brown spots appear.
1. Peel the skin off from radish and grate it. Mix with salt and turmeric in a plate and keep in a slanting way for water to drain.
2. Make dough as we prepare for roti- the dough should not be too stiff, also not stick, just right-soft and pliable. Set aside covered.
3. Now squeeze the excess water from the radish mixture thoroughly.
4. Heat a pan with oil and splutter cumin, add green chilli, ginger and fry well.
5. Add the squeezed radish in a sprinkled way and add the coriander leaves, garam masala and red chilli powder.
6. Mix, fry well till all the moisture evaporates and the stuff becomes dry.(In medium flame for about 5-6 minutes approximately)
7. Now Stuffing is ready. Cool down completely.
8. Make equal sized big lemon sized balls out of the dough and the stuffing.
9. Dust the dough balls liberally and roll out half way and keep the stuffing ball inside.
10. Seal the ends towards center as shown in the picture.
11. Again dust this in the flour (I use maida for dusting) and roll out immediately.
12. I prefer my paratha in thinner side. Heat the tawa and cook till small bubbles starts appearing.
13. On both sides with drizzle of oil till golden brown spots appear.
Serve with Boondi raita or Pickle of your choice!
Yummy paratha!!!Great step by step instructions...Do visit me dear!
Very tempting......... like your version too.
looks mouthwatering.. i don't fry mooli. i stuff it raw..
Looks perfect and tempting.. beautiful presentation !!
wow that looks perfect. Hot and spicy paranthas for this weather. Nice pics...
The paratha is perfect...loved you detailed pics...
awesome Mooli paratha. come winter we make various types of parathas. love mooli paratha and you made it perfect Raks.
Perfect looking Mooli Parathas . Loved the clicks as well.
even I saute the mooli while making parathas. I sometimes do the same for gobi too.
I always make parathas this way .. looks yummm
Nice clicks as always 🙂 Lovely parathas !!
Moli paratha luks very soft and delicious.never had this before,have to try it.
Saw the video for the khozhukatai,woundefull.Pls update the video for bhadusha dear(that rolling part) wanna try that for deepavali:)
healthy, new and interesting paratha!!nice click raji!
Thanks prema ! Sure will update the badhusha post with the video for folding the edges 🙂
Parathas are always fav.for me.Nice stepwise explanations with vibrant pictures. I too saw ur update in kozhukattai. Will be useful for all, especially begginers
Yummy parathas..very healthy!
Love mooli parathas..this looks so yummy and perfect
I have not thought about cooking the mooli before. Good Idea. The step by step pictures help a lot. thanks.
Parathas are awesome..I was also scared of the smell and not anymore.
I love radish paratha too and i do it in a very simple way, will surely try your recipe too raks, it really looks yum....
I ve never hungered for these parathas more!! ur pics really make me drool! def gonna try making them ASAP!!!
beautiful pictures! healthy and yummy mooli parathas...love it!
Droolworthy paratha, looks absolutely inviting Raji..
Priya (Yallapantula) Mitharwal
wow, those step by step pics are making me want those parathas right now. How lovely and delish looking pics !!!
Ahh..my fav..looks so perfectly made n so tempting!
Home Cooked Oriya Food
awesome... you have a different version from the usual... love the clicks...
Love your version...Its looks so tempting...Nice...
Love the Mooli paratha.Great pics too!! Got reminded of my mom she would prepare all kind of stuffed paratha's.Good one Raji !!
I love this and I too saute this before filling.
ahh what a beautiful n soft looking paraths ...i too never dare to tried it with the same reason ..thanks for sharing
I have tried this paratha...tastes so yum and healthy too..
Healthy and yummy mooli paratha.as always great step by step preparation.
First time here and I luv your space. You have some amazing recipes n clicks to drool over.
Mooli paratha looks so yummm .... luv it!
Cheers n Happy Cooking,
I never knew for stuffed paratha, we need to have same size of stuffing and roti dough!... Thats why i never got the stuffing right. I am going to try it right away.
RV @ Food for 7 Stages
Yummy! I totally agree with sauteing veggies.
clear step by step pics.Looks perfect!
Tempting paratha..I love it !
Mooli parathas are a delight during winter when you get fresh long moolis. I normally stuff it directly into the dough without cooking it. That surely is tedious but has more flavour, ur version is surely a good one for people who do not like the strong flavour of radish.
Love that stuffing.I made this once without cooking it and the smell was horrible.I liked ur version.will try this soon:)Thanks for the wonderful recipe Raks:)
Wow tempting clicks....havent tasted mooli paratha but urs tempt me to taste...elam note pani vachuko na varum pothu ne senju thara 😉 he he
Tempting parathas, i have never tried cooking raddish and making parathas, will try and tell you.
Your mooli parathas looks so yummy and nice. I also make the same way seasoning with the jeera, chillies and a little garlic and ginger...the trick here is to remove all the excess water from the moolis..and yu have awesome parathas!!!
Did u change the layout? Sounds more cool this color Rak 🙂
I love sambar and porial but somehow never tried parathas which quiet popular! Looks beautiful!
YUMMYYYYYYYYYYY PARATHA...LOVED SOO MUCH
hi i also posted this pratha but in another way we make this type also try as i am given in my blog nice pic and looking wonderful
I have never made paratha in my life! My husband love them so until now we've been buying the frozen kind.. But after seeing this yummy mooli paratha recipe, I am going to give it a try!! 🙂
i tried this today.. it was soo delicious.. my hubby loved it! thank you so much..
Hi Archana,thanks so much for trying and taking time to give feedback here,glad that you both liked it!
Thanks a lot..!
this was my first experience in cooking .. was really helpful..!
Hey, i tried this mooli paratha and it came out really well.....thanks!!!
Thankyou so much for the perfect recipe...I tried and my mooli parathas came out very well!!
Thanks so much for the perfect recipe...I tried your recipe and my mooli parathas came out really well!!
nice one..I tried it and it was awesome 🙂
Thank you for providing this recipe. I linked to it in my blog post "10 radish recipes I want to try"- http://www.donteatthepaste.com/2012/05/10-radish-recipes-i-want-to-try.html
I have tried ur mooli paratha recipe and it came out really good
Thanks a lot
Tried out this recipe and everyone enjoyed it. Thanks! BTW, your blog is awesome - love the pics of the food as much as the recipes 🙂
Tried this for dinner. Was awesome. I'm usually wary of paratha as the stuffing always comes out. But this one came out so well. And no radish smell! .folks at home couldn't guess that it was made with radish.
Mooli parathas watt a taste.... I tried yesterday for dinner and it made my folks to taste so yummy and spicy as in restuarant..... I asked them wat stuff did I prepared.. They said no ...as u said radish smell didn't odour anything..
Thanks ranks for ur neat presentation....
Awesome blog..excellent recipes. I am getting a lot of compliments but it's all thanks to you 😉
Everyone loves the mooli parathas. Great job keep the recipes coming.
I tried this, but i could not roll the dough with stuffing... thestuffing oozed out.I added stuffing another layer of dough, this looked as if it was sandwich. Can you tell where was the mistake?
Your stuffing was soft and moist than your dough. So make dough really soft to match stuffings' consistency. Or make the stufifng more stiff using bread crumbs.