North Indian lunch menu with dhokla, salad, aloo kulcha, shahi paneer, rice, dal fry, pakodi kadhi, bhendi subji, pickle, dahi and gulab jamun. Check the links for recipes. This post is just idea on how to prepare the menu, for recipe and method, check the respective links given.
Lunch menu idea 57
Recipe Cuisine:Indian | Recipe Category: Lunch
Prep Time: 45 mins + 1 hr dough resting time | Cook time: 1 hr 30 mins | Serves: 4
- First prepare the dough for kulcha and keep aside. Soak rice for steamed rice.
- Pressure cook potato and dal for kulch and dal fry respectively. I used my two containers in pressure cooker to cook together.
- While it is getting cooked, you can do the chopping work. Chop onion for bhindi subji, pakodi and for shahi paneer. Tomato for dal and shahi paneer. Cucumber, onion and tomato – slice it for salad and keep it cling wrapped in fridge.
- Other ingredients like green chillies for shahi paneer, dal, dhokla, ginger for dal, kadhi, shahi paneer and dhokla, coriander leaves can be kept ready.
- Cut bhedi lastly as it will make knife and cutting board slimy.
- Pressure cook rice when potato and dal are done.
- Keep potato mixture ready and rolled for aloo kulcha.
- Mix and keep the batter ready for pakoda for kadhi. Also prepare the kadhi mixture.
- Keep dhokla ingredients ready in a bowl without adding wet ingredients.
- Now start the stove work. First fry the bhindi and keep aside. Then fry for shahi paneer and let it cool down. Soak paneer for shahi paneer.
- Finish bhindi subji now. Once done, prepare shahi paneer. Both will take time, so if you want you can do in two different pans side by side if you have burners enough for cooking side by side.
- Once both are done, prepare kadhi and pakoda for kadhi side by side. Finish pakodi kadhi.
- Finish tempering for kadhi and finish making dal fry.
- Mix dhokla batter and steam it. I made with just ½ cup in 3 small ramekins.
- Temper it and start making kulcha and serve hot.
- I made gulab jamun the before day itself.