So I tried that one,though its not salty(its sweet and salty) the biscuits turned out very tasty and flavourful! I could smell my childhood memories …👸.I made few changes to the recipes..
|All purpose flour/Maida||1 & 1/2 cup|
|Oil (I used sunflower oil)||1/4 cup|
|Ghee or butter||1 tsp|
|Ajwain/Omam/Carom seeds||1 tsp heaped|
|Sugar||1 & 1/2 tblsp|
- In a bowl,mix well flour,oil,ghee,ajwain,salt,sugar and curd until the mixture is crumbly in look.(I forgot and added milk,hehe)
- Then add the milk and knead it to a smooth dough.
- It should not have cracks. If you think you need more milk(add 1 or 2 tsp to make it smooth).
- Roll into a thin layer,in well dusted platform/counter top. Then use a cookie cutter of your desired shape and cut it out to biscuits. Prick with fork to prevent puffing up.
- Preheat oven to 1800C and bake these biscuits in a greased baking tray for 13-15 minutes or until the edges of the biscuit starts to turn golden brown in colour.
- I divided the dough to two and baked in two batches. My cookie cutter was a tiny one. So I had to cut it with ‘a bit extra’ effort.. You can use a big cookie cutter and finish the job with ease.
- Store in airtight container and enjoy these truly flavourful crispies…Tastes and smell more ‘bakery’ style from the next day of baking.