Oven roasted baby potatoes, easy to toss with simple ingredients available in your pantry. Stepwise photos.
I saw this simple recipe in Good food magazine and sounded very easy and tempting. So I adapted the recipe and came up with my own version, to suit our Indian taste buds.
Perfect as an evening snack and kids would love this flavorful crisp roast Potatoes. I made it with baby potatoes, you can make it with large potatoes by cutting into quarters. The garlic adds a great flavor and goes well with potatoes.
Oven roasted baby potatoes
- 15 Baby potatoes
- 2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese grated or nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon All purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon Chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoon Chopped coriander
- 2 & ½ tablespoon Olive oil – 2 & ½ tblsp
- Salt – As needed
- Chilli flakes
- Wash and boil potatoes (halved) for 2 minutes in salted water.
- Drain water and mix other ingredients except oil and a bit of salt. Preheat oven at 220 deg. C
- In a baking tray, pour oil and mix in the potatoes.
- Bake for 40 minutes, turning once in between to ensure even baking.
- Mix in chilli flakes if you like it spicy.
- You can use tin/ metal tray or a cast iron for baking, it will give more color and crisp.
- I tried adding crushed red chilli flakes, but its not a great idea as it gave a bitter taste in between. So if you want spice, you can add it after baking.
- Parmesan cheese can be increased by another 2 tbsp. (Most of the parmesan are not vegetarian friendly, so make sure to check for it or use nutritional yeast in place of it)
- Baking time may vary depending upon the oven.
- Coriander leaves can be replaced with rosemary leaves.
1. Wash and boil potatoes (halved) for 2 minutes in salted water. Drain water and mix other ingredients except oil and a bit of salt. Preheat oven at 220 deg. C
2. In a baking tray, pour oil and mix in the potatoes. Bake for 40 minutes, turning once in between to ensure even baking.
Serve hot with any drink as an evening snack or even as a side for any rice dish.