Palak peas pulao is a quick and healthy pulao perfect for lunch boxes, that your kids and your family would love to have it. Full video, step by step picture recipe.
I can’t believe I haven’t tried palak pulao before. Aj is a big fan of palak/ spinach. I should have tried this one before. I wanted to try it out just like my palak vegetables, but adapted partially from Tarla Dalal’s and made another version where there is no grinding of the leaves involved.
I have added peas to this pulao, you can even add your choice of vegetables, or even sweet corn. Really tasty pulao that can be prepared in a jiffy if you have palak ready. I have used baby spinach that is available here in Fairprice Singapore, but you can very well make it with Indian palak just by following the same recipe.
Palak peas pulao step by step preparation:
- Soak basmati rice for 10 minutes minimum. Clean and finely chop spinach (remove thick stem if any). Heat a small pressure cooker with ghee and temper with biryani leaf, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves in order. Lastly add shahi jeera. Add sliced onion and slit green chillies.
- After a minute, add ginger garlic paste and peas. Fry for 2 mins in medium flame.
- Add finely chopped palak/ spinach (remove thick stem if any). Add sugar and fry until it shirnks.
- Add salt, turmeric, rice, 1 & 3/4 cup water and bring to boil. Stir well.
- Pressure cook for 2 whistles in medium flame. Once pressure goes off itself, carefully fluff.
Serve hot with any raita. Check this vegetable raita recipe to go with this.