This is also a recipe I learnt from my friend Sangeeta….palak puri is made by adding palak puree while making dough for puri. This boondi raita is a perfect combo for palak puri, it goes well with each other. Enjoy the recipe 🙂
|Palak/Spinach(stem removed and chopped)||1 cup tightly packed|
|wheat flour||1 1/2 cups|
- Saute the palak leaves,little till the reduce in volume(say for a minute or two).
- Cool down and grind it with green chillies and water till smooth.
- Take the flour and add salt,ajwain to it and this ground spinach and make to a smooth dough,as we make for pooris.(Add water little as needed).
- Make small balls and roll into pooris as we do for the ordinary pooris.
- Deep fry in hot oil.(Keep in Medium flame)
- Serve with Boondhi raita!
|Kara boondhi(I used Haldiram’s)||1/2 cup|
|Red chilli powder||1/4 tsp|
|coriander leaves||for garnishing|
|Mustard (optional)||1/2 tsp|
|salt & water||as needed|
- Soak the boondhis in hot water for 15 minutes.(till the boondhis blow up..I.e.. till they are soft)
- Mix salt,asafetida in curd,temper if desired.
- Mix the soaked boondhis gently in the curd.Now its ready! Is it not cool! But tastes like heaven!