Palak puri is a wonderful breakfast idea, the colour is just from palak but so vibrant and appealing. This is also a recipe I learnt from my friend Sangeeta. Really easy to prepare. palak puri is made by adding palak puree while making dough for puri. This boondi raita is a perfect combo for palak puri, it goes well with each other. Enjoy the recipe 🙂
|Palak/Spinach(stem removed and chopped)||1 cup tightly packed|
|wheat flour||1 ½ cups|
- Saute the palak leaves,little till the reduce in volume(just one minute).
- Cool down and grind it with green chillies and water till smooth.
- Take the flour and add salt,ajwain to it and this ground spinach and make to a smooth dough,as we make for pooris.(Add water little as needed).
- Make small balls and roll into pooris as we do for the ordinary pooris. Deep fry in hot oil.(Keep in Medium flame) Serve with Boondi raita!
|Kara boondhi(I used Haldiram’s)||½ cup|
|Red chilli powder||¼ teaspoon|
|coriander leaves||for garnishing|
|Mustard (optional)||½ teaspoon|
|salt & water||as needed|
- Soak the boondi in warm water for 15 minutes.(till the boondhis blow up..I.e.. till they are soft)
- Mix salt, asafetida in curd,temper if desired.
- Mix the soaked boondis gently in the curd. Now it’s ready! Is it not cool? But tastes like heaven.