Learn how to make Paneer pav bhaji recipe, step by step and full video recipe. A delicious twist to the regular pav bhaji, perfect for get togethers and birthday party menu.
I wanted to try this for a long time now and since had pav buns, thought this time I will try making the regular pav bhaji to paneer pav bhaji. This is same as the one I posted earlier, but believe me, adding paneer makes it more yummy and perfect crowd pleaser too. These days pav bhaji gets many fancy twists (like the pav bhaji foude etc.) but I guess this is much old street food available in North india very easily.
My friend once told me a tip that even if you do not have pav bhaji masala, go ahead and do it with red chilli powder, garam masala powder/ kitchen king masala and little dhaniya powder. I wanted to share it for long time that I tried it and it does work. Just in case of emergencies, you can try this too.
Pav bhaji is one of my family favorites, most of the time I won’t be left with any pav, both Aj, Vj loves it. We kind of have it as dinner, not as snack. I am fine with it as some veggies goes in too. Though the pav buns are not left for me, I am happy about it and have it with whole meal bread. It turns out delicious.
Paneer pav bhaji recipe Step by step
- Peel potato, carrot and dice them. Finely chop beans. Cut cauliflower and keep it immersed in water with salt for 15 mins. Place all the vegetables chopped along with green peas in a vessel and add 1/2 cup water. Pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Heat a pan with 1 tbsp butter. Fry finely chopped onion and green chilli for a minute.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook for another minute.
- In goes finely chopped tomato, red chilli powder, turmeric and pav bhaji masala, required salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the tomatoes turn soft and mushy.
- Add finely chopped capsicum and cook further more for a minute.
- Add cooked vegetables. Mash it well until thick using potato masher.
- Add 3/4 cup or required water. Mix well. Add finely cube cut paneer and simmer for 6 – 8 minutes. Stir in between to avoid burning.
- Switch off flame, top with 1 tbsp butter. Squeeze in a lemon and garnish with chopped coriander.