Mini peppers are treat to eyes, as well as taste buds, they are crisp, sweet and not spicy. These are perfect for a snack, starter or even as a dinner.
I have bought these mini peppers earlier twice. It was too expensive at the shop near Vj’s office. Once just made pakora (read as bajji) and other time tried these baked stuffed mini pepper. I was too greedy the first time, stuffed with lots of cheese, baked at a higher temperature and all the cheese stuffed were outside at the end. I was so so disappointed seeing the costly peppers went for a waste (well, we ate that too😜, still the result wasn’t satisfied so, it was disheartening for me💔)
Last week during our monthly grocery shopping at Mustafa, saw these colourful mini peppers from Malaysia very very cheap (Yay💃🏻) when compared to the one we got earlier. So picked it immediately and thought this time I should bake these successfully. I chose paneer as stuffing though had many other options in mind. But wanted to do a simple filling so that the effort is less. And I made sure the cheese sprinkled is minimum. The stuffing is same as I did for my besan paneer chilla. The result was perfect and even Aj and Vj loved it. Be creative, use your own stuffing and try these. If you do not have oven, do try over a tawa (preferably iron skillet or grill pan), it turns out good too.
- Cut the pepper, into two lengthwise. Using a paring knife, take out the seeds.
- Soak paneer in hot water until soft. Crumble it. Preheat oven at 180 deg C.
- Finely chop onion, tomato and chilli. Mix all except mini pepper and cheese.
- Fill the peppers with the paneer mixture. Sprinkle little cheese over it.
- Arrange in a baking tray and bake for 10 mins (same 180 deg C).
Serve hot, the best.