Paneer tikka pizza recipe with step by step detailed pictures. Perfect to suit Indian taste buds with spicy paneer tikka marinade.
I have already posted a pizza with paneer topping, but just used paneer as such and sprinkled the masala powders on top.
This time I marinated the paneer just as we do for the paneer tikka, and then made the pizza. It sure had a difference.
The spicy paneer is just a treat along with the cheesy pizza. I usually top only with only onion, tomato and capsicum, but this paneer tikka is a nice spicy add as a topping.
Want to make it spicy?
Use spicy red chilli powder variety, as the curd we use and paneer will take out the spiciness. I at times finely chop a de-seeded birds eye chilli and mix in the marinade.
Type of Yeast:
I have used active dry yeast, which is supposed to be dissolved in the liquid and used in making preparation.
If you want to use instant yeast, it is just to be mixed in flour itself, no need to mix in liquid. Rest the same. Use just 1 teaspoon for this recipe if instant yeast.
Check out my baked sweet potato fries to go with as side.
Paneer tikka pizza recipe
- 1.5 cups All purpose flour Maida
- ¾ tablespoon Active dry yeast
- ¼ cup Milk
- ¼ cup Water
- ½ tablespoon Sugar
- ¾ teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ cup Olive oil / cooking oil Or melt butter
- 3 tablespoon Pasta sauce/ pizza sauce
- ½ Onion Cubed
- ½ Tomato Cubed, De-seeded.
- ½ Capsicum cubed
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese grated
- Italian seasoning - For topping Oregano/ Mixed italian herbs
- ½ cup Paneer cubes fresh paneer recommended
- 2 - 3 tablespoon Hung curd
- ½ teaspoon Red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon Tandoori masala powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Turmeric
- ½ teaspoon Lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon Chaat masala
- 1 tablespoon Butter melted
Paneer tikka marinade
- Mix all ingredients except paneer under Paneer topping. Add paneer cubes to this prepared marinade.
Pizza dough preparation
- First gather all ingredients.
- Take a broad bowl, add oil, sugar, lukewarm water water. Mix well to dissolve sugar, add the milk and yeast.
- Mix well to dissolve the yeast. If you are not confident about the yeast, I would suggest proofing the yeast. (Refer notes)
- Add the flour, salt and gather to get a smooth dough.
- Knead for 2 mins to get uniform texture.
- Oil the bowl, surface of the dough and Keep covered with a wet cloth or cling wrap untill an hour.
- After an hour it will be doubled in size.
To make base:
- Get the ingredients needed ready.
- Punch down, give it a knead and spread the pizza dough with rolling pin or you can use your hands.
- Use flour for dusting generously while rolling out to avoid sticking.
- Spread the dough over a baking sheet into thick base. Pat the sides with your palm a bit to form a rim.
- Spread the dough in the middle thinner than the sides to form a rim and spread the sauce.
- Arrange the toppings and sprinkle grated cheese over to cover all the area. You can add little at the bottom and more at the top too.
- Pre-heat oven to 190 oC and bake it for 13-15 minutes or until the top turns golden brown. Refer the below video of basic pizza to get an idea.
- Proof the yeast if you are doubtful that its is active or not. Only a good quality yeast will give spongy pizzas. Otherwise it will turn hard, smelly dough etc.
- *Heat the milk just till it turns warm. Add the yeast and sugar to it. Mix well until the yeast dissolves. Keep a side for 10 minutes. It should become really frothy. Then only the yeast is active. Otherwise need not proceed making the dough.
- Pizza not cooked through? Check if you have pricked the base with fork at many places. Roll thin. Do not top with too much topping. Too much cheese or too many topping also could be reason.
How to make Paneer tikka pizza
1. Firstly gather all ingredients.
2. Then, take a broad bowl. Take oil, sugar, lukewarm water in it. Mix well to dissolve sugar. After that, add milk (room temperature or luke warm) and yeast.
3. Mix well to dissolve the yeast. If you are not confident about the yeast, I would suggest proofing the yeast. (Refer notes to see how)
Add the flour, salt and gather to get a smooth dough.
4. Knead for 2 mins to get uniform texture.
5. Oil the bowl, surface of the dough and Keep covered with a wet cloth or cling wrap for an hour.
6. After an hour it will be doubled in size.
1. Get other ingredients for topping needed ready. Punch down the dough, give it a knead to smooth dough.
After that, spread the pizza dough with rolling pin or you can use your hands. Use flour for dusting generously while rolling out to avoid sticking.
2. Spread the dough over a baking sheet into thick base. Pat the sides with your palm a bit to form a rim.
Spread the dough in the middle thinner than the sides to form a rim and spread the sauce.
Arrange the toppings and sprinkle grated cheese over to cover all the area. You can add little at the bottom and more at the top too.
3. Pre-heat oven to 1900C and bake it for 13-15 minutes or until the top turns golden brown.
Enjoy the soft, tasty, spicy Indian homemade pizzas HOT!
wow!!looks very colourful....adding tikka pizza will give nice taste n pizza looks very soft n perfect...
Love this spicy paneer tikka pizza raji....paneer tikka in a pizza sounds so yum..great recipe.
Looks super delicious..my eyes are on ur pizza cuter looks super cute...:)
Adding paneer tikka in pizza sounds very interesting..looks yummm...
Wow paneer tikka pizza looks amazing.. toppings are really colorful.. I prepare it the same way but i bake the pizza crust for 5-10 mins before applying sauce
That is one colorful, pretty lookin' pizza!
Yummy pizza.Just love it to the core and can finish off with no time.Pics are lovely.
Hey Raji..You won't believe it ..was just thinking bout this pizza in the morning. And here it is a yummy treat for my eyes.Hmmm..It looks so PERFECT! Just love home made pizza. Its so much better than store bought ones. Lovely!
Simply delicious!!!!! Perfect pizzas Raks...Checked out the recipe for the base too...The measurement makes 1 base? Planning to try out this weekend & would want to know how much i need to double..We are all greedy at home here when it comes to pizzas!!!
Looks fab love the combo of paneer tikka with the pizza..
OMG This is way too delicious n a share to me shd be perfect !!! Bookmarked!!! too good!!
வாவ்...ரொம்ப ரொம்ப சூப்பராக இருக்கின்றது...அருமையான கலர்புல்லான பிஸ்ஸா....
Very scrumptious looking pizza. colorful and a treat to the eyes. Very cute pizza cutter btw.
Pizza looks perfect...Love these Indianized topping. It suits our taste buds better.
Yum,Pizza looks picture perfect!
This one is my fav topping,looks so so delicious..:)
Your right on time! I am all set to bake a good indian pizza all over again(after the earlier one we posted for lavi) for my son and you had prompted me!!!
LOVELY LOVELY PIZZA!!!
Delicious Pizza,love the toppings...very tempting.
Mmmmmm...That just looks too good...My daughter will surely love this
Happy Cook / Finla
Looks super yummy.
Looks perfect n so yum ....drooling over it
Yes prats its for 1 large pizza
That looks awesome Raks..And what a perfect shape. Love the flavorful toppings..
It looks so yummy. Raks u r too good........ 😀
I have just reduced 5 kilos!! But you're recipes aren't allowing me to maintain them!!! Not fair Raji!!!
Delicious pizza,looks so tempting.
colourful and yummy pizza raks...
Love the scrumptious Pizza..beautiful crust!
Oh my! Looks perfectly perfect!
Omg, feel like grabbing a slice..
This looks like it has come straight from Pizza hut. It looks so good 🙂
Pizza looks colorful and perfect.
That's a perfect paneer piza. Nostalgic.
This is my favorite too... I also have a post about thisyummy pizza.
I'm drooling, that Pizza looks so tempting
Pizza looks simply heavenly. I can not add any further compliments that has already been added already.
Looks so perfect,tempting clicks
Good one Raks
awesome pizza dear, u have made me so hungry !!
mmm..that looks really yummy!!
An Open Book
love the toppings you have used
Wow thats wonderful... Is there any way to do same pinch here? Today only we made veggi pizza for dinner. Lovely and looks so tempting.
The Mad Jammer
slurp :P, anything paneer, anytime, esp in SG 🙂 Beautiful pics!
Perfectly done. Madly drooling forsuch a delicious homemade Pizza with paneer topping. Going to try this weekend for sure
Perfect and tasty. Never used paneer for topping. Yummy.
simply delicious !
Join me in a 100 day Global Food Festival
lovely pics as usual. I love your black ceramic plate wd have loved to see the colourful pizza against that plate...yummy pizza with an indian touch!
hi i luv ur blog very much...i tried lots ur dishes and all turned out so good..i wanna try ur baking dishes..i dont hav oven so i hav decided to buy OTG oven..ply clarify that using OTG is it possible to bake ur dishes..if yes pls mention the type and name of OTG..
looks beautiful and delicious raji 🙂
hi raks can u pls send me ur suggesstion to my mail id..i forgot to give u in the last comment..
Ramya, sent you a mail 🙂
looks perfect..YOu're a genius my friend..:)
Dominos veettukkae vandhirukku Raji in your pictures. I am oping to make a trip to Singapore to have a taste of your specials one day:)
wow raji supera iruku pizza feeling hungry 🙂
Oh my gosh that's what is a master piece. Paneer tikka pizza is so yummy n a melt in the mouth as well. Loved the color dear.
OMG looks fantastic...lovely pizza
ummmmm...I am hungry.....would u like to share it with me.....it looks so yummy....i need to prepare ..thanks for sharing such nice pizza clicks..
Pizza looks yummy... I tried u r Naan without yeast and they were delicious.Thanks for sharing..
YUMMY YUMMY LOOKING PIZZA WILL TRY....
Perfect pizza Raji... love the topping you have used!
delicious..your pizzas are always very fresh and great looking I guess you have mastered the art
Muskaan at A2Z Healthy Vegetarian Cuisine
Looks perfect..loved the twist in pizza..beautifully presented..
Do check out my event and send me your entries.
Beautiful presntation Raks..... pizza looks absolutely delcious and tempting.
Great pictures and the pizza looks super tempting!
ohh..I wish I could do a time travel and grab this pizza of urs 🙂 yum yum
I am great fan of your's and i used to try all your dishes once it published. Likewise, i tried this pizza also. But as you did in the homemade pizza, i kept the pizza base in aluminium foil for baking. Once i switched on the oven, the foil got fire. Immediately i stopped the oven. Then i baked in the cake bowl. Can you please clarify whether we can use aluminium foil, i am scared now. My mail id is [email protected]
Aluminium foil only I used last time. It can be used only in convection mode. Not in microwave mode. Make sure you do in convection mode. Some times after pre heat when we start, it goes to microwave mode ...so be more careful next time. Hope there is no damage to anything.
hi, I made it for the first time...came out very well......u made my day.
I just thought of sharing a tip in case the yeast is not active or the dough does not rise. I tried this out when my yeast flopped but the pizza turned out awesome! For 1.5 cups of flour, I added 1 3/4 tsp of baking powder and the pizza was perfect!
As ramya said, I have tried many dishes. but since i dont have oven am missing doing the baking dishes. Many told me to buy OTG oven..Just wanted to know whether we can use OTG for baking as well as which brand is good. Please suggest.
Mail me to [email protected]
Hi Raks , I made this pizza yday.but the base was not fluffy .it was hard outside and crumbly inside.I just followed the recipe as mentioned here:(is thereanyting else I should have taken care off?I baked in my OTg.the yeast had dissolved and had started bubbling when I added the flour. Has this something to do with the outcome?
Thanks and regs,
Hello Raks....Thanks for the recipe.I tried it and and it came out great! Just one question though. The pizza base still had the smell of yeast. Did you get it when you made the pizza?Is there anything that we can do to eliminate that smell?
The pics of your pizza looks very tempting.. Will try this out soon. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Hey Raks! I use every recipie of urs in my day to day life and they all turn out so good! today i tried panneer tikka pizza for the first time, it was a sooper dooper hit:-) Thanks a tonn for sharing such awesome recipie which makes beginners like me to njoy cooking! You rock and keep rocking:-)