Easy pasta salad with the veggies available in your pantry. It is so flexible that you can add your favorite vegetables.
I had some leftover penne pasta that I cooked for Aj’s lunch box. Usually it will be just a hand full or less than that. But last week it was more. So I thought of making a veggie pasta salad.
I had long time wish to prepare vegetable pasta salad. So what ever I had in my hand, I added in the salad.
Thought of adding zucchini too, but had a confusion if I can add raw or I have to cook it. So skipped it. You can grill and add some!
Always love a sweet touch in my salad, so chose this simple salad dressing with raw organic honey.
I think most of my reader friends by now already know I don’t like salads. I really can’t eat salad for a meal. If I do, just once in a blue moon. That too I need it sweet, spicy or with something added to tempt me.
I love onion, tomato, lemon, coriander combo, on top of it honey. So this had some carbs also in it, so it went inside without any hesitance😀.
Check out my other salads
easy pasta salad
- 1 & ¼ cups Cooked pasta 1 & ¼ cup
- ½ Cucumber
- ¼ Carrot
- 9 Cherry tomato
- 1 Onion
- ½ Capsicum
- ¼ Oregano
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Honey
- ½ tsp Black pepper crushed
- First mix oil, honey, black pepper, lemon juice well.
- Tomato, capsicum, cucumber, coriander leaves chopped finely and onion cut into thin slices, carrot grated. In a mixing bowl, place all of these ingredients.
- Sprinkle the dried oregano. Add the mixed salad dressing and toss well to coat it.
- Veggies can be of your choice, you can toss/ grill veggies like broccoli, zucchini in olive oil to cook it with crunch retained in it and add to the salad.
- Pasta is cooked with salt.
- I used cherry tomatoes, you can use deseeded regular tomato chopped too and I used virgin coconut oil instead of olive oil.
Step by step pictures
1. First mix oil, honey, black pepper, lemon juice well.
2. Tomato, capsicum, cucumber, coriander leaves chopped finely and onion cut into thin slices, carrot grated. In a mixing bowl, place all of these ingredients.
3. Sprinkle the dried oregano. Add the mixed salad dressing and toss well to coat it.