Peanut jaggery ladoo recipe with just 3 the ingredients, energy booster yet a tasty snack. Healthy snack option for kids and everyone in the family.
A friend passed us a ladoo couple of months back, with jaggery, and had sesame in it. I loved the texture a lot, slightly chewy, nutty flavour. I had it for first time and loved it. It was from grand sweets Chennai. But had no idea what it had, but something nutty, so I thought I will try peanut and sesame. I still didn’t get the same texture, probably it had some coconut too. But it turned out tasty with just three ingredients and a simple process. Just roast peanuts, sesame and powder it with jaggery.
I did not add cardamom because I wanted the nutty flavour alone. If you like you can add cardamom for flavour.
- Roast peanuts in low flame and keep stirring to ensure it gets roasted evenly. Once its slight golden, transfer to a plate.
- In the same kadai, roast sesame seeds until it starts to pop. Set aside.
- Once peanut is cooled, rub the peanuts with hands to eliminate the skin. Blow away the skin.
- Powder peanuts and transfer to mixing bowl.
- Powder sesame seeds coarsely and transfer to the mixing bowl.
- Powder jaggery. Add powdered peanut, sesame seeds on top and run the mixer once more to mix.
- Transfer to mixing bowl, mix well and roll to small laddus.