Peas pulao, no onion no garlic recipe, I have prepared pulao using open pot cooking method. Gives fluffy, separate grains. Step by step pictures recipe.
Usually I make peas pulao in pressure cooker as I have posted already. It is with ginger garlic paste and onion. I wanted to try this way of pulao for a long time. I have made puloa in kadai/pan few times, but it was also absorbing method, where water is added in ratio should be measured and added accordingly.
In open pot method, excess starch is discarded along the water, so less sticky rice. At the same time have few things to be understood, followed and kept in mind. Aj loved this peas pulao and he took second serving and I knew it just because of this method. And best part is no need to cut onion and worry about ginger garlic paste. Hope this will be useful to many for coming Navratri days.
Please go through the notes for tips and tricks before trying peas pulao recipe.
Step by step peas pulao recipe method:
- First wash and soak basmati rice for minimum 10 mins. Boil water in a large cooking pot.
- Once it comes to rolling boil, add rice and peas.
- Add required salt, spices to the water.
- Stir occasionally and check for rice if it is done. If you squish the rice between your fingers, it should be soft. Hardly takes 10 minutes.
- Pour over a large colander (strainer) and keep covered, undisturbed for 10- 15 mins. Transfer to serving bowl without stirring, just invert.
- Heat oil, ghee and temper with shah jeera. Add to the cooked rice. Mix gently without breaking the rice.