Peas soup, green peas soup with simple ingredients available. Easy and comforting soup, filling for dinner with toast. Step by step pictures recipe.
Winter is here and green peas is in season. Though fresh green peas is bit costly here, I never miss to buy whenever I visit Little India. I freeze and use it for kurma, pulao, biryani, curry etc. This year too got some fresh peas and been using it. Thought of trying a soup with it and tried the usual way I make soup. I found peas soup should be strained as the skin remains coarse after blending.
I have used potato in the soup to make it thick, creamy and tasty. Though peas by itself is starchy, potato is a good add. Also added coriander leaves for flavour and
How to make peas soup step by step pictures :
- In a small pressure cooker, heat butter, Add biryani leaf, sautee peeled garlic, onion for a minute. Add peas, potato.
- Fry for one more minute. Add coriander leaves. Give it a fry until the leaves shrink.
- Add 1 & 1/2 cups water.Pressure cook for 2 whistles in medium flame.
- Once done, using a hand blender, blend smoothly.
- Filter through a metal strainer.
- Add salt and bring it to boil to serve.