Peas soup with simple ingredients available. Easy and comforting soup, filling for dinner with toast. Step by step pictures recipe.
Winter is here and green peas is in season. Though fresh green peas is bit costly here, I never miss to buy whenever I visit Little India.
Thought of trying a soup with it and tried the usual way I make soup. I found this should be strained as the skin remains coarse after blending.
I have used potato in the soup to make it thick, creamy and tasty. Though peas by itself is starchy, potato is a good add. Also added coriander leaves for flavour and colour.
green peas soup recipe
- ¾ cup Green peas
- ¼ cup Potato cubed
- ½ Onion cubed
- 4 Garlic
- 1 pinch Sugar
- Salt - as needed
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- Black pepper as needed
- Biryani leaf
- In a small pressure cooker, heat butter firstly.
- In goes biryani leaf, sautee peeled garlic, onion for a minute. Add peas, potato.
- Fry furthermore for a minute. Add coriander leaves. Give it a fry until the leaves shrink.
- After that pour 1 & ½ cups water. Pressure cook for 2 whistles in medium flame.
- Once done, using a hand blender, blend smoothly.
- Filter through a metal strainer. Add salt and bring it to boil. Switch off stove to serve.
- You can add mint leaves too but add very few.
- Sugar is added for taste and retaining green.
How to make peas soup step by step pictures
- In a small pressure cooker, heat butter, Add biryani leaf, sautee peeled garlic, onion for a minute. Add peas, potato.
2. Fry for one more minute. Add coriander leaves. Give it a fry until the leaves shrink.
3. Add 1 & ½ cups water. Pressure cook for 2 whistles in medium flame.
4. Once done, using a hand blender, blend smoothly.
5. Filter through a metal strainer.
6. Add salt and bring it to boil to serve.
Season with salt and pepper generously and serve hot!