Pesto paneer sandwich recipe, a delicious sandwich with pesto twist. You can use store bought pesto sauce for quick preparation, quite filling snack, perfect for hungry kids back from school.
After making pesto pasta with homemade pesto sauce, I tried these paneer pesto sandwich which a friend of mine told she had in restaurant and it was too good. The idea was way too tempting and finally I tried and it turned out delicious. Paneer and cheese can never go wrong, right?
How to get a perfect toasted sandwich?
Use appropriate bread. I have use milk bread for making sandwich which gets soft sooner. So do buy a sandwich bread and you can always go for multigrain bread for healthier option.
Cheese oozing out and spoiling the sandwich maker?
Use frozen cheese, preferably grated mozzarella! The cheese slice from the fridge shelf easily melts and oozes out the sandwich especially when you use panini press or grill plate. Frozen grated cheese (less melting like mozzarella works best.
Sandwich sticking to the plates?
Use a oil spray or brush grease with butter. Also ensure the sandwich maker is properly heated before placing the sandwich inside. Wait until the light goes off to make sure it is toasted properly. This will ensure the bread is toasted well and makes taking out easier.
Pesto paneer sandwich recipe
- Bread slice - 4
- Pesto sauce - ¼ cup
- Paneer - ¾ cup measure after thawed
- Mozzarella cheese - ¼ cup grated
- Onion - ½ chopped
- Tomato - ½ chopped
- Capsicum- ¼ cup chopped
- Black Pepper - ½ tsp crushed
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp optional
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- Keep paneer immersed in hot water until use. Heat a sandwich maker with grill plate.
- In a bread slice, spread 1 & ½ to 2 tablespoon of pesto sauce over it.
- Arrange cubed paneer pieces and onion, tomato, capsicum over it.
- Drizzle lemon juice if adding.
- Sprinkle cheese as a layer, top with some crushed pepper. Cover with another slice of bread.
- Spread butter over the top bread slice.
- Grease the grill with generous butter and place the sandwich over it.
- Toast for 2 mins or as per the instructions given by the toaster.
- Once golden, remove and cut into triangles to serve. Repeat to finish.
- I took 1 cup frozen paneer cubes and kept immersed in hot water. It measured ¾ cup once soft.
- You can use multi grain or whole wheat bread slices for healthier version.
- Use mozzarella than other processed cheese slice as cheese slices melt and makes the griller messy.
1. Keep paneer immersed in hot water until use. Heat a sandwich maker with grill plate. In a bread slice, spread 1 & ½ to 2 tablespoon of pesto sauce over it. Arrange cubed paneer pieces and onion, tomato, capsicum over it.
2. Sprinkle cheese as a layer, top with some crushed pepper. Cover with another slice of bread.
3. Spread butter over the top bread slice. Grease the grill with generous butter and place the sandwich over it.
4. Toast for 2 mins or as per the instructions given by the toaster. Once golden, remove and cut into triangles to serve. Repeat to finish.
Serve hot for breakfast or for evening snack.