Pina colada popsicles, with pineapple and coconut milk as main ingredients. A perfect summer treat for the whole family. Step by step detailed post.
I love virgin pina colada a lot and I have posted the recipe in my blog earlier too. I made these pina colada popsicles just the same way except adding sugar slightly more as popsicle needs little more sweet for us.
I have prepared with fresh pineapple and store bought coconut cream here. You can prepare with fresh pineapple pieces and fresh coconut pieces, grind together and filter.
I used the Malaysia honey pineapple and Kara coconut milk (both from Fairprice here in Singapore). For sweetener, you can use coconut sugar or honey for a healthier choice.
💭 Top tip
Use a fine strainer to filter the juice. Otherwise, the pineapple fiber might hurt your tongue while enjoying the popsicle. A cloth tea filter kept specifically for fruit juice might be best choice.
📋 You may also like
🍍How to peel & cut pineapple
1. Using a mighty sharp sturdy knife, cut top and bottom off the pineapple. Peel off the skin.
2. Eliminate the black spots in the pineapple. You can use a carving knife for this, but I used the same chopping chef knife.
3. Remove the center hard part and chop roughly.
1. Take chopped pineapples in a blender. Add coconut milk.
2. Top it with sugar. Blend everything smoothly.
3. Filter through metal strainer.
4. Pour into popsicle molds. Freeze overnight.
5. To take out the popsicle out from the mould smoothly, show in tap water for a minute and pull gently.
Kids and all your family members going to love this🍍🍹
This cute Sailboat popsicle mold is from Isetan I bought long time back in a sale. You can find it online in Amazon as well. Search for sailboat popsicle mold.
Pina colada popsicles
- ½ Pineapple
- ¼ cup Coconut cream/ thick coconut milk –
- 3 tbsp Sugar or as per your taste
- Water – as needed
- Using a mighty sharp sturdy knife, cut top and bottom off the pineapple.
- Peel off the skin, eliminate the black spots in the pineapple. You can use a carving knife for this, but I used the same chopping chef knife.
- Remove the center hard part and chop roughly.
- Add coconut milk, sugar. Blend everything smoothly.
- Filter through metal strainer. Pour into popsicle molds.
- Freeze overnight. To take out the popsicle out from the mold smoothly, show in tap water for a minute and pull gently.
- Since it is coconut cream which is rich and thick, I have used only ¼ cup. If using fresh, it may be needed more.
- You can grind fresh coconut along with pineapple instead of adding coconut milk.
- Can have the same as virgin pina colada drink before freezing in moulds.