How to make pina colada popsicles, pineapple and coconut milk popsicles. A perfect summer treat for the whole family.
I love pina colada a lot, the virgin pina colada. I have posted virgin pina colada recipe in my blog earlier too. I made this popsicle just the same way except adding sugar slightly more as popsicle needs little more sweet for us.
I have prepared with pineapple and store bought coconut cream here. You can prepare with fresh pineapple pieces and fresh coconut pieces ground together and filtered. I used the Malaysia honey pineapple and Kara coconut milk (both from Fairprice here in Singapore).
For sweetener, you can use coconut sugar or honey for a healthier choice.
Step by step picture:
- Using a mighty sharp sturdy knife, cut top and bottom off the pineapple. Peel off the skin.
- Eliminate the black spots in the pineapple. You can use a carving knife for this, but I used the same chopping chef knife.
- Remove the center hard part and chop roughly.
- Add coconut milk, sugar. Blend everything smoothly.
- Filter through metal strainer. Pour into popsicle moulds.
- Freeze overnight. To take out the popsicle out from the mould smoothly, show in tap water for a minute and pull gently.
Kids and all your family members going to love this🍍🍹