Pineapple sorbet is an easy summer treat, this particular recipe does not need any ice cream maker. Such a flavourful dessert with the natural flavour and goodness from juicy pineapple.
I tasted pineapple sorbet first time in Punjab grill. It was served complementary in between the serving. It was so flavourful and delicious. I never thought to try it out at home. This time when I got juicy sweet pineapple from fairprice, I thought I will try sorbet with it. I made it really simple, but you can add some of your own touch like adding some mint leaves or throw in some ginger and it turns really good. Trust me this itself is simple and delicious.
I am on India trip for a month. I may not be able to reply your queries promptly, so please leave your queries, I will sure reply when I get time. All the recipe posts and facebook page posts are scheduled. Follow me in Instagram to see my holiday stories.
Step by step pictures
- Peel the pineapple with a mighty sharp knife. Eliminate the brown spots too.
- Cut into 4 and cut off the thick center part. Chop the fruit roughly. Transfer to blender with sugar. Add 1/2 cup water.
- Strain and discard excess fiber. You can use large metal strainer for this.
- Transfer the juice to a freezer safe container and cover it with cling wrap or tight cover. Freeze for couple of hours.
- Take it out after 2 hours and transfer to mixer again and grind smoothly. It will turn creamy.
- Freeze again for 6 hours covered properly. Scoop and serve when ready.
Chill the serving bowl in freezer for 30 mins before serving and scoop the sorbet to it. Garnish with fresh mint sprig.