Pizza dosa is an easy and wonderful snack for kids who come hungry back from school or even for their breakfast.
Cheese, dosa and their favourite toppings will be a winner combo and hit among them sure.
Easy back from school snack or even to make a filling breakfast, evening snack or dinner. Make it anytime of the days and enjoy.
Check out my pizza sandwich recipe and bread pizza cups recipe in this website.
This is just an idea and use this as base and be creative with your own ideas.
Yesterday, when I was browsing instagram, some how saw this pizza dosa, from a famous roadside shop in Mumbai.
This seems to be one of the favorite street food among numerous dosa varieties. There were many pictures and I got too much tempted that I tried this.
Before making this, here are some notes that will be helpful to make a perfect pizza dosa:
- Make sure dosa batter is spreadable (pourable) not fluffy and thick. Mix a little water to batter and mix if it is too thick.
- Spread dosa batter first in pan and then drizzle oil. This will ensure even spreading. Otherwise the dosa batter will form lumps and get stuck to the ladle.
- Cook over medium or low flame to ensure the cheese melts and dosa turns out crispy.
- No need to be afraid if the onion, capsicum will get cooked or not. It will be tasting good in the dosa, so go ahead!
- Using pasta sauce is my short cut, no need to invest on pizza sauce separately. Or just use tomato sauce and some Italian herbs to replicate it.
1. Make a thin dosa over hot tawa and drizzle over some oil. Cook in medium flame.
Once it gets cooked, add 2 teaspoon of chutney, 1 teaspoon of tomato sauce or pizza sauce/ pasta sauce and spread evenly.
2. Spread the toppings as needed. Sprinkle grated cheese generously.
3. Cook covered until cheese melts and dosa gets golden crisp.
Serve hot with coconut chutney or any of your favorite chutneys. You can have it as such as we have spread chutney and tomato sauce.
Pizza dosa recipe
- Make a thin dosa over hot tawa and drizzle over some oil.
- Cook in medium flame.
- Once it gets cooked, add 2 teaspoon of chutney, 1 teaspoon of tomato sauce or pizza sauce/ pasta sauce and spread evenly.
- Spread the toppings as needed. Sprinkle grated cheese generously.
- Cook covered until cheese melts and dosa gets golden crisp.
- Let the dosa batter be smooth and runny. Add water accordingly.
- Always cook in low or medium flame for crisp and golden dosa.
- I made a quick red chutney by grinding red chillies with garlic and a bit of tamarind. But you can use any chutney.
- Italian seasoning adds the pizza flavour to the dosa. I didn’t add, but if kids like it, you can add.