- Potatoes – 3
- Onion – 1 big sized
- curry/red chilli powder -1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Ajwain/omam -½ tsp
- Turmeric – ¼ tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves -1 tbsp
- Wash and prick the potatoes in 3,4 places and cook in microwave high for 3 minutes..
- I used the stand shown below in picture,which is specific for cooking potatoes in Microwave oven.
- If you don’t own this stand, no issues, just keep over the rotating platform in outer circle. Make sure to prick so that it does not burst out of pressure.
- To ensure even cooking,try to change the position of the potatoes in between cooking. say after 2 minutes,change the position and again cook for a minute.
- Let it cool for 2 minutes,2 minutes standing time is a must..
- Peel off the skin and cut into bite sized pieces.
- In a microwave safe cooking bowl/vessel,add the oil and ajwain/omam ,mix well and keep in microwave high for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped onions,mix well and again cook for 3 minutes in high.
- Add the spice powders,chopped coriander and salt and mix well and again cook in high for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked potato to it and mix well by sprinkling a very little water,to coat the potato with the spice powder and salt.
- Cook in high for 4 minutes.In the middle of cooking stir and continue again.
- Well thats all !! your potato curry is ready to serve as an accompaniment for rice!!
- This I am sending to Srivalli of cooking4allseasons, for MEC:Side dish event….:-)
And thanks to her for organizing such an useful event…so that we can make use of microwave oven in our day to day life for cooking!!!