Potato fry, a simple recipe with minimal ingredients and prepared in a jiffy. Full video, detailed step by step pictures post.
I make few potato curry for lunch, same as I have posted earlier. But this one makes rare appearance as Aj is not a big fan of this kind of cube cut potato fry. I make potato curry only for Aj sake while I make poriyals. So it will be his choice, mostly baby potato pepper fry these days. Fresh ground masala potato curry is made so often at my in-laws place. But I make rarely for the same above reason.
Since I have been posting all simple recipes, thought of posting this one too. Check out my other south Indian potato recipes for lunch.
Potato curry with fresh ground masala
Classic potato curry
Small potato curry
Spicy baby potato pepper fry
Potato fry step by step pictures:
- Peel the skin of potato, wash, slice to equal sized rounds.
- Cut into same thickness strips.Chop the strips to cubes.
- Heat a kadai with oil, splutter mustard, add curry leaves. Add diced potato and cook for 2 mins. Stir every 30 secs.
- Add 2 tsp sambar powder, 1/8 tsp turmeric, required salt.
- Mix and cook same way for 2 – 4 mins in medium flame, stirring every 30 secs. Cook for 2 more minutes covered. Once done, remove in serving bowl.