Rajma tikki is a healthy snack you can make for your family. Potato, besan, bread crumbs are used as binding agent, also makes more tasty.
I keep legumes in my freezer, especially the one which I won’t use that often. Chana is made weekly as chana masala mostly and it gets over soon. But other legumes like rajma is not made that often at home, I don’t know why myself. I thought should change this habit and make rajma masala and rajma pulao often. Anyways I got rajma for consuming more often, so made rajma pulao, rajma salad, rajma masala one round and still have some left with me. Though rajma paratha can be made, I wanted to try something that I have not tried earlier. So wanted to try tikki with it. Made this simple one. Do try for your family.
- Soak rajma overnight, morning change water and pressure cook with little water for 4 whistles, drain water. Cook potato, mash well and keep aside. I microwave it, you can choose your convenient option.
- In a blender, grind the rajma without any water.
- Take ground rajma,cooked mashed potatoes in a mixing bowl. Add red chilli powder, garam Masala powder, amchoor powder, cumin seeds powder, coriander leaves, finely chopped green chilli and salt.
- Mix well and divide into 10 equal sized balls. Flatten in your palms and arrange in a plate.
- Heat a tawa and drizzle some oil/ ghee. Arrange the flattened tikki and cook in medium flame. Gently press while cooking and add more oil as needed. Cook both sides until golden.
Serve with green chutney or tomato sauce. I had with dates tamarind chutney.