I have tasted cheese cake only once before in a buffet and I was not liking that much. From that time I had no impression towards cheesecakes and I never felt like trying. While I went for weekly grocery shopping near Vj’s office, I saw fresh blueberries, strawberries and raspberries in punnets. I was so much tempted, I am not a big fan of both strawberries and blueberries – though I like the flavors, not the fresh ones😊.
But raspberry has been always my favorite flavor and the name raspberry by itself is so fascinating to me. So I bought each one punnet. So when I was thinking about making lemonade or some baking with these, I thought of trying no bake raspberry cheesecake and found this recipe very easy and suitable for me. I used fresh raspberry sauce obviously. It”s very simple and I am sure you will like if you like cheese cakes.
No bake Raspberry cheesecake recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Continental | Recipe Category: Dessert
Prep Time: 12 hr | Cook time: 10 mins | Serves: 2
Cream cheese – 3/4 cup
Powdered sugar – 2 tbsp
Vanilla essence – 1/4 tsp
Digestive biscuits or any plain biscuits (I used my shortbread cookies) – 4
Melted butter (optional) – 1 tbsp
Raspberries – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Lemon juice – 2 tsp
Lemon zest – A pinch
Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
- Place the biscuits in a ziploc bag and crush it using rolling pin, evenly. I made it as individual servings, so take any small glass or ramekins and spread the powdered biscuits evenly. Press it to set it. You can add melted butter if you want.
- Keep cream cheese outside the fridge for 10 mins prior and place it in a bowl along with vanilla,sugar.
- Beat well in high speed with whisk attachment (or you can use a whisk and do with your hands too) until it’s creamy and light. Spoon it over the biscuit layer and refrigerate at-least for 5-6 hours or overnight covered with a lid or cling wrap.
- For sauce, place raspberries and sugar in a blender and grind just to make it juicy, no need to grind too much, just for 10 sec or so.
- Heat this until it boils, becomes shiny and switch off the stove. Add lemon juice, zest and vanilla and mix well. Cool down.Spoon this to the set cheesecake and refrigerate again for few hours before serving.
- You can use fine grain sugar too with cream cheese, but powdered sugar gives more softer and smooth texture.
- Prepare this the before day and serve the next day.
- Use tinned raspberries as top layer, no sauce making is needed.
- digestive or salted biscuits can be used as base too.
- Using lemon, lemon zest when using fresh raspberries gives good flavor.
Perfect, exotic, rich dessert is ready to surprise your guest or to treat yourself. You can do the same with strawberries too.