Rotimatic roti can also be a base to numerous recipes, this is one such recipe making use of Rotimatic roti. Simple and easy to prepare, roti kheer can be served as dessert.
During my childhood, I used to eat chapati soaked in milk. At times poori too. This is a rich version of it, made as kheer/ payasam. A simpler version of Paal poli. I have used chopped roti as base for this kheer/ payasam.
- Prepare roti in Rotimatic as mentioned in the settings. You can use leftover roti too. Chop the roti finely. Alternatively, you can use blender to mince finely for more homogenous texture.
- Heat a pan with ghee, roast cashews until pale golden in colour. Add raisins and fry till they are bloated. Keep aside.
- Add chopped/ minced roti to the same pan and roast in medium flame for 2 mins.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat milk. Take a teaspoon of milk and soak saffron in it.
- Once milk starts to boil, Add roasted roti. Stir in the saffron milk.
- Add sugar, condensed milk and simmer for 8 mins.
- Finally add cardamom, roasted cashew, raisins. Switch off the flame.
Serve warm or chilled as per your preference.