Roti pinwheels with simple vegetable spread, perfect for snack, starter or lunch box for kids. The spread can be of your choice from simple cheese spread to even sweet chocolate, fruit spread.
With holiday season around corner, we might be hosting parties. So I thought I will post this simple recipe with Rotimatic rotis. This can be served as starter and very much Indian with a simple raita inspired spread. I have used hung curd as base, you can use sour cream too in place of hung curd. Or use cream cheese/ cheese spread and some raw carrot and cucumber. The spread is upto your imagination and taste preference. If you are a nutella fan, you can even spread nutella and arrange some thinly sliced strawberries or banana too and serve similarly.
Last week we had a small lunch get together and I should say Rotimatic rotis help to plan such get togethers and parties with ease. Check out my other rotimatic recipes
- Take curd in a clean kitchen towel or muslin cloth and hang it for minimum 1 hr to get rid of the excess water.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan with oil and splutter mustard. Add shredded carrot, cabbage and capsicum. Give it a fry.
- Add required salt and cook for 2 mins.
- In a mixing bowl, take the hung curd, vegetables, roasted cumin seeds powder, red chilli powder, pickle and finely chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Prepare rotimatic rotis following the settings given.
- Take roti, spread a tbsp or two of the prepared spread. Roll it.
- Cut into bite sized pieces to serve.