Roti lasagna, made from scratch, with atta/ wheat flour rotis, used as base instead of lasagna sheets. Turns out soft and delicious with goodness of vegetables, spinach and cheese.
Rotimatic rotis are saviour for me these days, be it for dinner or lunch. Though I cook rice everyday for lunch to serve my family, at times, I never feel like having it, either because it’s not hot or not my favorite dishes. Those days, I just switch on my Rotimatic for hot rotis and pair it simply with dal and a dry vegetable I prepared for lunch. I am really loving it. I love my food hot, but you cannot expect someone to be there for you to make it hot and give you. Thanks to Rotimatic, now fresh hot rotis on my plate every 90 secs. I even shared such day’s meal in my Instagram.
You can always create recipes with Rotimatic rotis as base, just like I posted Roti kheer few weeks back. This Roti lasagna is one such recipe you should try at home. The filling can be of your choice like spinach alone, mushroom, corn etc. I have given a simple basic recipe with roti as base in place of lasagna sheets. This doesn’t need more sauce, yet turns out soft and delicious. It also takes less time. Aj loved it a lot, that he asked me to make this often. He also loves the fact, the baking time is less comparatively to the regular Lasagna.
If you are interested in Rotimatic, you can use this link and get 100 dollars off. You can see more recipes and customer reviews on the Rotimatic
here as well.
- Prepare roti in Rotimatic following the settings mentioned. You can use leftover rotis too.
- First prepare filling by heating oil in pan. Add finely chopped garlic, chilli and give it a fry.
- Add finely chopped onion, capsicum, zucchini, required salt and stir fry for 2 mins.
- Add chopped spinach and continue cooking for 2 more mins.
- Lastly add finely chopped tomato, oregano, give it a fry.
- Switch off the flame, transfer to a mixing bowl. Add cream cheese, crumbled paneer and mix well.
- Pre-heat oven at 190 deg C. Take a baking pan (6.5 inch), spread a tbsp of pasta sauce in the base. Place a roti over it.
- Spread 2 tbsp pasta sauce, then a layer of filling over it. Sprinkle 2 tbsp cheese. Repeat by layering roti, pasta sauce, filling, cheese again roti, sauce, filling, cheese.
- Finish by covering roti, spread pasta sauce and remaining cheese. Bake for 15 mins or until the cheese turns golden.